“Had to book 5 nights when only needed 1...but was FANTASTIC!”
Review of Palita Lodge

Palita Lodge
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
“Had to book 5 nights when only needed 1...but was FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Warm welcome after a long trip was great, pool area clean and stylish, rooms were nice, fantastic location right on the beach!

Would highly recommend to people travelling to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon + a few days recovery.

The owner is a lovely lady, who even gave us a free lunch off the menu because we were leaving early! Deserves to do well!

Room Tip: Only get a beach room if you're prepared not to get any sleep on Full Moon nights!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The reviews sounded good on trip advisor so I booked at Palita. Boy was I wrong. It was a horrible experience. Bugs, giant flying cockroaches in my room and extremely long centipedes crawling around. I barely slept at all. The staff was rude and not helpful at all, which is an understatement to say the least. They woke me up at 6am while I was in the shower so they could look in my refrigerator and charge me ASAP if i ate or drank anything before checkout. Such horrible treatment by the managing husband/wife staff. See for yourself if you don't believe me. The beach access and view was nice but definitely not worth that treatment. There are better places to stay on the beach for sure. Message me if you need a rec.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Nomadpj
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed May 12, 2014

amazing hotel! the room are very cleen and good condition
the pool very quiet and nice! the location very very good
the staff great and the brekfast perfect!!!!
one of the best hotel in koh phangan!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We booked one night here as we didn't know what to expect being on haad rin beach, but yes this hotel was beautiful we wished we booked longer! The staff are all so friendly and on arrival we were given ice tea and our bags taken for us, we hadn't even put our bags down and we had staff at the door with a fruit platter for us! The pool was lovely and a 10secs walk and your on the beautiful beach. The room was amazing and the food was yummy too. When we were leaving the check out was perfect they booked us a taxi to our next destination and changed our money for us. It's near to everything you need all bars and restaurants are literally a 2min walk, perfect spot!!!

Room Tip: Pool view lower floor - perfect room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Missnat2000
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed in a pool view room ground floor and although its a pretty place with o.k rooms the food is not so great, never came to order correctly and was quite expensive. The room cost us in full moon time about £80 a night! As we had 2 friends join us to stay (sharing double mattress on the floor) they had to pay an extra £20 each per night!! Ridiculous now i actually think about it. I have paid £20 for similar rooms. I guess they really do milk the full moon party! The full moon party was carnage and in the morning my phone was stolen so not a great start to our trip! The nicest thing about our stay here of 5 days was the (oh yeah u gotta pay about 250-500 baht per person for gala dinner too) dinner at full moon which was passable. Luckily we had good friends around us. Air-con kept breaking down. Pool closes waaay too early. The room was cleaned regularly but we had long pinky red millipede things infested in our room also and it was always a mad race to catch them before they slid under the bed with their big pincers ewwww! They tried to charge us when we were leaving for the tiniest smidgen of makeup on the bed (Easily washed off) but we refused to pay and they just accepted it as they knew they were trying it. Its a shame they were not so efficient as they claim at Palita as it is quite gorgeous surroundings. Stay somewhere else, preferably not Haadrin as yeah you will want to be close to the party if that is your thing but i prefered it on Thong nai pan and then occasionally coming to party at Haadrin. If you want to party at this beach every night then stay at Baan tai. I love Haadrin out of full moon times! Much cheaper then too. This place has too many strict rules and although i understand the need at certain times you just feel you are been assessed here all the time. Its not the Thai customer service I'm used to! Watch out for the lady who runs this place...shes on the ball and knows how to make money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank charlenelouisestyles
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was right on the beach, just a few minutes walk from lots of stalls, bars and places to eat and very lively. The pool area and restaurant area was lovely and we also went to the half moon party, which the staff at the hotel dropped us of at for like 100 baht (roughly £2) each. The bungalows were so clean, beds comfy and the bathrooms were clean too. Had breakfast here a couple of times was nice, and you order what you like, rather than choose from a buffet. From the foyer you can literally step onto the beach and it is amazing. White sand, clear water and on one of the days we were there huge huge waves. We had so much fun here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Because of the nature of my job I have lived in hotels for almost two years but they all start looking the same after a while and the novelty wears off. Not with Palita Lodge though. I turned up with a friend having not booked, we were given a leaflet on the ferry and decided to check it out. Luckily there was just one bungalow available and right on the beach. It's a family run business and the owner was so lovely, infact all the staff were. The place and atmosphere is very relaxed and no one including the staff are imposing in anyway. The pool is surrounded by palm trees with a view of a gorgeous clean beach. The sand was white and the water so clear. On the quieter end of Sunrise beach, it feels secluded. The beach does come alive at night on the other end, at Cactus bar, there are fire displays and music. Not sure if it was the time of year but there were lots of teenagers but harmless, oh and lots of Israelis whom are catered to, for example there's an Israeli restaurant serving falafels and middle eastern food. My friend and I loved the place so much that we asked to stay another night but the only room available was more expensive but with a better view and larger in size. I asked if the'd let me stay for the same price as the one I'd already stayed in and they agreed. They're extremely accommodating. If you need to do any activities they will book it all for you and all you have to do is pay them. I chose the safari that takes you to Koh Tao and snorkelling which we very much enjoyed but be aware the speed boat ride is choppy. I had to take sea sickness tablets which can be bought at a pharmacy just off the beach. The meals are reasonably priced, usual hotel food, not amazing but gets you by although the breakfast was nice and everything freshly cooked. Massages on the beach for 200 baht an hour. It has all sorts of people, couples, families, groups. Because it's a shared beach with other resorts, you can walk along it and eat at other restaurants or beach bars. There are a few shops to get beach tops, bikinis and all sorts of trinkets. The island is a place for everyone and its hippy atmosphere will rub off on to you. I absolutely loved every minute spent here and would have stayed for weeks on end but the real world and work beckoned. Dreaming :D .. Kop Koon Kaaaaa, until we meet again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends