“Weanghellll”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Weangthai Hotel & Resort
Ranked #83 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Ascot, England, United Kingdom
“Weanghellll”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed here from the 26 december-3rd January. We were incredibly excited as we couldn't wait to experience what Koh Phangan had to offer us. We were collected from the dock and taken swiftly to the resort along with some other people, we dropped of many other travelers at nice little bungalow resorts, when it was our turn it was one of those moments were you say to yourself, 'please don't let this be us', unfortunately for us it was. The Englishman behind the reception was rather ruthless and stated that if we got the sheets dirty with paint we would be fined heavily *gulp* My friend and I were escorted across the road to a rickety little bungalow, the bed was horrendously uncomfortable. The bathroom was mouldy and flooded constantly. The water that comes out of the the shower is not very clean, i had an accident and cleaning my wound with that water was only making it worse. Our friends who we were also travelling with had bungalows above the smelliest little lake not pleasant, you could smell and see the water through the floor boards. There are 2 restaurants, one at the front which serves authentic thai food at a very good price and isn't too bad. They also have a restaurant behind which is american themed, this was the only good part about the resort, they had a cool chillout area to waste the days away before getting ready to hit the full moon party. The pool isn't very pleasant and im sure nasty things go on in there. Weangthai is roughly a 20min drive to haad Rin beach (Full moon Party) I would recommend staying away from Haad rin because of the noise but definitely do not stay here. They made us pay a horrendous fee for what they call an exquisite New Years Eve pre party, all we had were some terrible spring rolls and nasty cocktails. As much as i think this place is very unpleasant, being in koh phangan will be one of the best times of your life, New years eve Full moon party was THE BEST night of my life and I will never forget it. So even if you are staying in a horrible place don't let it dampen your spirits and make sure you PARTY HARD KOH PHANGAN STYLE.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sophie M

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed March 10, 2012

First of all we show up at the resort are room was not "quite" ready for about two and half hours. The. We were guided to their restaurant which wasn't all that bad of food but the service is terrible. While eating we were assured a hundred times are room was just about finish, and we're promised discount by which we were supposed to get them until the next day, we went the next day to get them and he tried selling us on all you can drink to the full moon party. Every night we went to bed or woke up the walls would not stop shaking because of this massive stereo system the have set up for the five or six people who are actually listening to it, drugs everyone was on drugs. The snorkel your that we were assured was absolutely amazing was the exact opposite of that. They had postponed the snorkel tour a day, the man who was taking us on this tour came to us the night before the tour and had told me that it was leaving at eleven, he was absolutely wasted and had no sense of what he was even talking about, the tour was just basically 15 people jammed on a boat thAt was bound to tip at any moment, snorkels were reused, not clean and leaked with every breath. This place was brutal folks I could go on about the uselessness of the staff and so on but I have ramble enough never stay here!!! Nuff said

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Willsmail

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

LA
Reviewed February 18, 2012

the rooms just average. No windows. smells mouldy. This english guy one the reception is not the nicest one and after 2 min talking to him i knew what he was after...

Scooter hire can be very expensive: These guys charge a redicules amount for a minor scratch on a scooter. 4000 Bah but after a "dicount" still 2500??? You can get this part easely for 1000 Baht. And by the way it was just a minor scratch. I am not sure if it will be replaced anyway.

Pick up ok but if you want to get back you have to pay.

It wasn`t the worst palce i have ever stayed but they could do soooooo much better... Just be carefull with these guys!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank D D
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Actually, this made faulty towers look like the Ritz!

I read the reviews on here before going and I thought "No, lets take the risk, people do love to moan about everything".

I was crap! Firstly, our flight into Koh Samui was delayed and the company we booked with didn't pick us up from the airport....so we missed the ferry to Koh Phangnan. Then the last ferry was another 2.5 hour wait and that was delayed too....so we'd left Krabi at 09.30am and got to the hotel finally at 21.30pm.....so I wasn't in the best of moods already.

Greated by the manager at the taxi with "Hacienda or Weangthai?". Taxi driver replied "Hacienda" and I replied "Weangthai". Manager replied back to me "doesn't matter its the same place". SO WHY ASK??!! So my back was up already.

Then, 45 minutes to check in because he takes his time and then walks everyone (or even drives people) to their room and reads them their rights on how much you'll be charged for breathing his air. On that point, word of warning. I didn't need to use this but my dad who lives in Thailand warned me of this. Hotels like to read you the rights in these places on charges if you break things. Some dodgy hotels will then swap your items (TV, etc) for a broken one when you're out and then claim you've broken it. So...on arrival in your room, take photos of everything!! I did when I arrived here but luckily didn't need to use it. They claimed they would charge for bedsheets with flourescent paint or rips in....mine already had them! So I took photos in case they charged me.

So after 45 minutes of waiting, he asks me for my voucher. I don't have one. He told me I can't stay without one as I'm prepaid. I handed him everything I had from the company I booked. He weren't having any of it. I said take a look at my reservation. No. Finally after me getting quite irate, he looks at my booking, pulls out the paperwork and says "oh sorry I have your voucher". Prat!

So finally I get to the room and its grubby, the door doesn't lock properly, you can't lose your key as the keyring is like a railway sleeper. Shower went from freezing to boiling so you have to keep switching it on and off so stop yourself turning into a teabag.

Had breakfast paid for....didn't use it once!

I think the Americans should swap Guantanamo and move all the prisoners to Weangthai...

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank El_Kevino
Rajkot, India
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Rude unprofessional staff, filthy rooms and swimming pool. I spent two hours trying to check in, and was welcomed by screaming angry customers demanding to see management who never appeared. I was "fortunate" enough to bump into the manager (english) at the bar who was off his face on drugs. I met so many unhappy travellers, some who felt conned into situations such as diving and taxis to the full moon party by the hotel which never arrived.
Worst hotel, I can't believe its 71st out of 80. I have stayed in places for £3 a night which are much better and freindlier! Don't stay here.

Room Tip: don't stay in this vile hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank SarahLovesAsia
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2011

what to start with- the hour wait at reception to check in (at 10am nobody was even there) and even then it was only that short because we went and got someone.
- our over priced room with minibar that had no price list to which we presumed came with the over priced room.
-the massively over priced restuarant where the price of just a sandwich was 210 baht
- the constant push to make you try out scuba diving or buy this or buy that. Including trying to sell you a stupid ticket for 1750 baht for the full moon party which was a load of bull.
- the constant banging out of music which at first was ok but by the 3rd day was just plain annoying (they played the music to a ridiculously high volume that drinks in our room rattled on the side, and this started every single day at 12 midday and didnt stop until 2am the next day to then begin at midday again)
we spoke to other guests who had said they never had towels. One girl who had given her passport over actually went back behind reception and got it bk from an UNLOCKED draw one of the many times nobody was there.
We did find it rather funny that the staff had said they changed the name of the resort because hacienda was a big night club in manchester when infact we found out from a restuarant owner on the main road that it was actually because of all the bad reviews.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank welltravalled
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2011

After a 7 hour wait in the overpriced, packed restaurant we were given a room which we then had to move out of at 8am the next day. I travelled with my boyfriend and best friend and we were all so disappointed with the service. We also met other people who had to wait even longer than us and a few even had to find other accommodation after being told they had over booked and didn't have enough room. When we tried to complain we were taken to an English man who decided to shout at us, swearing, telling us to find somewhere else however he would not give our money back so we decided to stick it out and stay.

When we got moved to the bungalow we weren't happy as the water stank of metal and there were a shortage of towels so we didn't get towels until the last day... Full Moon made up for this experience but please please please choose another hotel! The beach was also horrible and the pool was unbelivably dirty!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends