“I'm giving it a one because there is no zero”

Drop In Club Resort & Spa
Ranked #88 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
“I'm giving it a one because there is no zero”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Rude staff. (Apart from stacy who was lovely and the only redeeming quality of this hell hole.)
We stayed here for full moon sept 2013.
We changed room three times on arrival. With only marginal improvements each time.
Bugs in the room. Smells like Must. The towels and sheets were filthy. Mainly paint and makeup but also looked like blood.
We had to ask twice for our room to be cleaned. They rolled their eyes and were rude.
We all got sore throats from musty rooms.
Looks like one of them abandoned theme parks. Broken tables and chairs.
I don't have words to express how horrible this "resort and spa" is.
Just don't stay. Under any circumstances.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Claire H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cork
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The most uncomfortable bed ever! Unable to lock either door to our room! Dirty smelly swimming pool! They ripped us off on the price paying almost double than other guests! Terrible wifi! Extremely strange elevater that seemed to work when it wanted to and sent you go whatever floor it decided! Unhelpful staff who I just didn't Trust

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

england
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here during the full moon period this month. The hotel was fully booked and travelling alone I met a lot of cool people! I had read reviews and was a bit worried about staying here. Especially about the pool being bad, but the whole time I was there the pool was clean and clear, even when they held foam parties. My room was clean and good for the price I paid. The Thai food at the restaurant was amazing and the best banana shakes iv had since arriving at koh phangan. The location was perfect and all the guests got 20% discount at the Dropin bar which was on the full moon beach, which was a bonus. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families because it is a party hotel. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
london
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This was suggested on the fullmoon web as one of the top 3 places to stay, time was running out so we took the risk without checking reviews. There is no spa, one half of the hotel has been abondoned the pool is green windows smashed in creepy like a ghost town with a rubbish tip down the side... Doesn't seem like anyone's in charge seems like the place is ran by teenagers?? The pool area stinks of sewage and must. They have completely abandoned this place, they advertise been open since 1989 everywhere err yeah I can tell!! Beds, towels stained with god knows what but mainly paint and make up. The music is so loud till 3 am the bass goes through you. You literally have to be a party "animal" to stay here. When you get charged double the price min of 5 nights you expect more than this, im pretty discusted. Also the lifts are broken the walkways are out of shape had some split open toes.... Do I really need to write anymore??

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party with my partner....stayed on the other side of the island for 4 days & after we wanted to stay in Haad Rin for a couple of relaxing days before going on to Koh Samui....Unfortunately for us we stayed here!! Where to start, firstly our room wasn't ready yet even though we had arrived 1 hour after recommended check in, we were told (in very bad English) to come back in 45mins!!

When we eventually got back a girl showed us to our room, however on the way said "you know this is a twin room only?", we said no we had booked a double so she brought us to a different room, that hadn't been cleaned and so we had to wait another 20mins on the balcony of this dirty room so it could be cleaned! The room was filthy with dirt & glow in the dark paint on the walls & furniture, air-con sounded like a diesel generator, TV didn't work & when you used the shower the bathroom floor flooded as the water couldn't drain away! We had a "pool view", although they should rename this "swamp view" as the pool was a dark green colour and we were full expecting a crocodile to walk out of it!!!

On the second day, we decide to try the "restaurant", which looked like it hadn't been cleaned/maintained since the early 90's....I tried the beef red curry & my partner had the veggie pad thai....what was service as a curry looked like someone had vomited their stomach bile into a bowl and add ALOT of chilli & no coconut milk!! The veggie pad thai looked like it had been made with instant noodle from a Pot Noodle! I ate the rice & we left to eat somewhere else!!'

That night I went to the "HR Manager's" desk to book ferry tickets to Koh Samui for the next day. The "HR Manager" told me she didn't know how to do it and come back at 8 when the owner was there & he would sort it!! 8 o'clock came & I went down as told. The owner was there & asked "where do you want to go?" I told him about the HR Manager telling me to come back etc, etc. The owner walked away, then suddenly came back & quickly ushered me out the door & across the road to a local travel agent!! "She will sort out everything you need!"

I have stayed at numerous hotels, in numerous location around the world & this is easily the worst I ever been in!!
As was said in other reviews, if you want somewhere to stay near the Full Moon Party this is perfect but other than that do not stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Claire D
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Aircon didn't work neither did the wifi, filthy, noisy, a place for young drunken party goers squeeling and yelling at all hours of the night.
Stayed one night and got out early next morning banging the doors on the way out.
I got my 500B back for the key, then couldn't see me for dust.

• Stayed July 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

What is right about this place please tell me? The rooms are like something from a b grade horror film. the locks on some dont work. the filth of the place is just ewwww. theres a small pool next to the large one if u fell in it i think u would just die it looks toxic. i got food poisoning from the "chicken" green curry. i dont think it was chicken. me and my mates had a great time travelling thailand i tell everyone to go just stay away from this hotel. also the scooter shop over the road is very dodgy. she ripped off us and tried to steal my friends passport. like i said i have never made a bad review on here check my others. thanks and beware.

• Stayed August 2012