“Worst place I've ever stayed in - AVOID IT!”

Drop In Club Resort & Spa
Ranked #87 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
london
“Worst place I've ever stayed in - AVOID IT!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I would strongly advise you not to stay here. The place is desperate for some maintenance it feels like its been abandoned.

There are 2 pools one of which had been decommissioned some time ago and the other looks like you would catch something from. There also seemed to be an apparent lack of the facilities which are listed on their website eg spa gym etc not that I was there for that but if you were expecting this you would be disappointed.

I had problems with the TV, air con and wifi and within an hour  decided not to stay despite being offered 3 other rooms all of which were as bad as each other.

The staff - not that I saw many - were rude and unhelpful. I checked out 3 hours after I arrived after an argument with the manager.

If its your only option during full moon then take a chance otherwise stay well clear it's a hovel and in my opinion it should be demolished.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank scaramanga007

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here for the Full Moon Party in January 2013 with my friend.

we left accommodation a little late, therefore booked this place without looking too much into it except for location. when we arrived didnt recieve the warmest of greetings, as claimed to not have our name down anywhere even though we were showing them the printed out email we recieved from them confirming our booking. after about 15 minutes they realised they had us down a a 'MR' instead of a 'MISS' and finally gave us our room.
its very expensive for what you get. we stayed for 3 nights, but had to pay for 5 as thats the minimum ammount you can stay in peak season. (seemed to be that way with most hotels).

the room wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, however was defiantly wasnt good. the hotel exterior is in desperate need of some maintenance, as when you look around you can see the whole place leaking, the walls going moldy, and the pool is dark green and infested with mosquitoes.
never bothered to have breakfast there, and chose to go to a restaurant instead as way better food and a lot cleaner!

the owner is a very strange European man, where it seemed one minute he hated you and the next he loved you. very weird sense of humour.
room service you must request - which we did not bother as staff seemed very lazy and non helpful.

music is played 24/7 at full blast! only get a break from it when the power cuts out..which luckily happened a few time.
although the actual vibe at the hotel is great as everyone is on the island to have a great time, i would not stay here again unless it was the only placed left on the island.
can get a lot nicer back packer hotels for a lot cheaper.

1 Thank Leah K

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The only reason the Drop In Club actually has guests is because of the huge number of people who come to koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party. The list of things wrong with the accomodation are clearly outlined in the huge paragraphs of previous reviews. Travelling with a group of mates we weren't too taken aback by the paint splattered all over rooms and the lack of clean sheets however towards the end of our stay the dirty and smelly shower water was very annoying and was only made worse by the fact that friends of ours were staying in accomodation that seemed like paradise for roughly the same price.

Do not stay here.. and if you do, don't take the lift - the power drops out a lot

2 Thank Jordan C
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for the full moon party in Jan and I would rather have taken my chances in the ocean than ever stay here again. The owner??? is the most horrible person I have ever met and anything you wanted he would yell and scream. He was constantly saying he could get other people to stay there and I guess during peak season he probably can but his business wont continue with the kind of pathetic service we were given.
The pool is unswimmable, re the blood on the floor a bit of an exaggeration I was there when the guy hurt himself and had to be taken to hospital. It was 2am and it was not cleaned up until at least 2pm the next day not two days but still completely ridiculous to think thats acceptable.
My room stunk and I had to burn incense all the time, all the lights are shot.
Its a dead hotel with horrible service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I was there last weekend for the Full Moon Party and we wanted to stay in the area for convenience. We knew that by doing so, we weren't going to have anywhere great but we went with this hotel. Especially with it costing us £120 for 2 nights, we were expecting it to be half decent! We couldn't have been more wrong!

When our taxi dropped us off and pointed at the hotel we thought he was joking, it looked like it was going to fall down!

When we got taken to the room, considering they didn't even know where the room was, we found that our bed sheets still had paint on from the previous full moon party, bugs everywhere, bugs coming out of the sink, yellow water coming from the taps and no electricity or air con. They fixed the air con and electricity, albeit, it was only temporary. When we returned to our room after being at the beach and very tired, we found that we still again had no air con or electricity and it took them 30 minutes for someone to come and solve this problem.

I would NEVER EVER EVER stay here, even if it is the last room available in Haad Rin, it would be worth your while just staying a little way out and getting a taxi to and from the full moon party. Or better yet, if you're staying in Samui, get the boat over in the evening and then the first boat back the next morning, quite a few people done this and this is what I would do in the future!

Mr Levi who run the front desk (I'm not sure if he is the owner or the manager) but whatever his role is, he was a nightmare. On the day of check out he raised his voice at me for the problems that were wrong with his hotel and making it out as if these problems were my own. We only ended up staying for the one evening and then got the first boat back to Samui the next day, we wanted to get away from that place as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Here's a tip - don't book here!
1 Thank Nicola S
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place was in one word. Horrific. The service was terrible, the rooms were disgusting, and oh my goodness the pool. THE POOL!!! It is covered in green algae! It's so bad you can't even see the bottom. "Mr. Levy" the hotel manager is an idiot and does nothing to make you feel welcome. Me and my gf went there last week for the full moon party and we waited at the counter for 20 mins while he sat on the phone and laughed with whoever. He didn't explain the wifi, when breakfast is, nothing! We had to ask other guests because he wouldn't even answer us. The only good part of the breakfast was the toast and jam. That is until the third day we looked closer at the jam and realized it was FULL of ants!! The things we thought were seeds were ANTS!!
We woke up to a beautiful pile of blood outside our door with towels 'around' it. This was here two days until finally the hotel cleaners decided to clean it up. The only good part was "Charlie". The sweet Asian guy who was always saying hello and "have a good time". The pictures ARE NOTHING like the reality. Honestly pay the extra 50$ and stay at tommy resort or rin beach resort. We went to both of these places everyday to use their pools instead of having green algae stuck all over us from drop in clubs pool. Tommy resort is gorgeous and same with rin beach resort. Honestly don't do it to yourself.

• Stayed January 2013
edmonton
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We booked through Agoda.com and walking up to the hotel we already started to have bad feelings as it looks so old and nothing like the pictures. Upon arrival the owner Mr.Levi was yelling at two different groups of people who were having extreme difficulties getting their rooms. After about 30 minutes of yelling at one of the customers, one of the girls finally got a room. She quickly came back down and said there was a naked man sleeping in it, and the staff did not care they just yelled at her and told her she went in the wrong room. Another group of girls had an agoda booking but mr.levi said they were full and the girls upgraded to a bigger room and had to foot the expense even though their booking was confirmed. When we got to the counter he told us also he was full even though our booking was confirmed and told us he was giving us a deal and it was only an additional 33 dollars a night to stay there. I spoke with agoda and they said the hotels need to honor their committments and noone should be paying for an upgrade if the hotel had confirmed cheaper rooms. When Mr.levi was told this, he freaked out again and started yelling at me and walked away. While we were there trying to figure this out for over an hour we found out the wifi didnt work, and neither did the telephone. We also witnessed him screaming at his staff and belittling them in front of all the travellers. I would go so far as to say it was emotionally abusive. Luckily agoda refunded our money and cancelled our reservation so we did not have to stay there. It looked absolutely disgusting and I cannot believe how little he cared. I honestly believe he is just taking everyone for a run. We actually went back to samui after this disaster!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends