Blue Hill Beach Resort
$225
$130
Baan Manali Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)(Great Value!)
$33
$318
$67
$53
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$147
$92
Agoda.com
Havana Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
$67
$56
$187
$168
Sea Breeze Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)(Great Value!)
$38
Sunset Cove Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
$40
$37
  • Breakfast included
Thongtapan Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)(Great Value!)
$20
$18
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewshaad rinswimming poollarge balconyfull moonfew minutes walkmoonersbeachproscons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had the best time at blue hill, stayed for the full moon party and wanted something a bit up market to stay away from the “bogans”.
Beautiful beach and the most amazing view.
The room service was brilliant as most days we were too hung over to leave the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank kush j
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We decide to stay here for 3 nights but extended it to a week. The rooms are decent (nothing special) we found a few ants and the telephone was near broken.

The balcony/terrace has a table and 2 chairs and a great view of Koh Samui (opposite island) and the beach. In the morning it's low tide and you can see people fishing.

The water in the shower doesn't get too hot and the bathrobe given doesn't even belong to the hotel.

You can rent motorbikes at reception for 200baht a day. It's 5 minute drive to Haad Rin and 20 minutes the opposite way to the night market.

You've got a decent refrigerator no safety deposit in the room, a desk with a tv and candles for when power cuts out durin a storm (happened once during our stay).

The restaurant is quiet and the food is good. There is a pool table available too.

PLEASE BE AWARE that if you want a double bed you have to specify during the booking. Even though it shows pictures on the site or there is no option to choose between twin and double, you have to specify. My bf and I were given a twin on the first night and told that we should have asked for one when we booked. We made it clear that there wasn't an option available and it SAYS on agoda Double Bed. We changed rooms the next day - It's just annoying having to repack everything.

The wood on the balcony is of poor quality and doesn't seem to be very stable. The 'elevator' is old but still in tact.

Overall we enjoyed it but didn't spend too much time at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

You will never know what is in store for you when you get there. The ride up was long and hilly. the lobby and restaurant was simple. The room is simple and cosy, with a nice bathroom and comfortable beds. The sea view from the room is just heavenly.
Waking up early to the cold breeze was just awesome, having lunch or dinner on the balcony overlooking the beautiful sea and sunset was just priceless.
The experience of taking the short tram from the lobby to rooms or the swimming pool was delightful.
The only thing is, the hotel is far away from the town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shanthira
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Ants in the bed and on the floor.
Rotten wood on the balcony (Foot went straight through)
Holes in bed sheets.
Single sheets on queen size beds.
The elevator is in terrible condition, slow, inconvienient and unsafe.
Staff are rude and unhelpful.
No phones in room.
Manager is so bad it made our trip painful.
Feral cats meowing for food while you try to eat.
No buffet breakfast on our last day.

Do not stay here you will regret it.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank jessy26m
Reviewed March 4, 2013

When I first came to Ko phan Ngan in 1997, the island was much less developed. No one rented motorbikes unless you had a local to drive it because the roads were so bad. Back then, my guide stopped at the precise spot where Blue Hill is now located to show me a King Cobra that had slithered across the road. I will never forget the experience of seeing the snake snap its head up to look back at us. Little did I know that the woman who would later run the resort on this exact same spot would have the personality of this snake. I hate to pick-up on points made earlier but this woman is that bad. In my six visits to Thailand, I could count on one hand how many Thais I've disliked and this woman is one of them. She likely takes a broom to work every day. To give one specific example: she believes that travellers should use their own mobile phones to order room service from her restaurant and to book tours from which she takes a commission! To that end, she only has a phone in the best villa on the property.

With that out of the way, I must admit, the resort is an incredibily unique set-up. It's laid out on a very steep hill with bungalows and rooms located all the way down to the sea. The view is spectacular, the beach is passable and the pool is small but OK and well-positioned back from the beach.

What is not OK is the elevator. It never works and you should count on having to take the stairs, which is a completely non-starter for people who are not in excellent physical condition. The aforementioned manager can't seem to understand how the functionality of her resort is an issue. To her, it's a privilege to stay there and you shouldn't complain (In three days there, I had one elevator ride that wasn't interrupted by some sort of malfunction). Also, if you have small children, I would not stay here. The possibility of an accident with the elevator is simply too great. Also, the elevation changes on the property make it easy for a child to fall and seriously injure themselves (or even get lost).

Still, with all these complaints, I do think that Blue Hill would suit a certain type of traveller who is on a budget and wants to enjoy the view and the quiet atmosphere away from Haad Rin (Haad Rin is about a 10-minute drive away). Also, the rest of the staff are very friendly and accommodating. When I was leaving, they were doing their best to help a woman who had been injured the night before. It was clear they were very concerned for her and were trying to help.

If you do stay here, be prepared to deal with what could possibily be the most un-accommodating woman in all of Thailand. In the end, she and the elevator were too much for me and I left a day early because I couldn't handle having the last couple days of my holiday ruined (I was flying back from Samui after leaving here).

Room Tip: Deal with the staff, not the manager
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo