“Beautiful,walking distance to parties”

Blue Hill Beach Resort
Ranked #63 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I absolutely loved this place, the views are unbelievable and the pool is gorgeous. I found the rooms clean and comfortable with a mini bar and a nice bathroom. It is quite rustic and if you're expecting serviced luxury you won't be impressed, but it's head and shoulders above than the standard backpacker accomodation in Haad Rin where music is pumping all day. If you can get a good deal it's worth it. The restaurant is very expensive though. The best thing is that you have a secluded beach (we were the only ones using it) to relax on in the day, then you can walk into Haad Rin in the evenings to go out. And you'll be able to get some sleep when you return in the early hours! I would recommend this to anyone who wants something better than backpacker, but who doesn't want to shell out for 5 star. In response to the complaints about the hill, it's so worth it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jdclio
There are newer reviews for Blue Hill Beach Resort

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Blue Hill with two other couples. Each had our own rooms, the hill made it difficult to meet at the pool let alone up to the road and restaurant. The concept and novelty of the elevator up the hill with what was admittedly pretty amazing view of water and koh samui was just not enough to distract from the impracticality and inconvenience of the layout. The resort is also clearly a bit run down. Rooms are basically fit out and are concrete slabs- literally. Didn't bother me overly but the holes in the bed sheets did. Also supposed to be a restaurant on the beach at base of the resort. Not there and doesn't seem to have been there for a long time.
Now let me temper this by saying that we had good service and enjoyed our stay- eary to get around with reasonably priced taxi at the hotel and the hotel manager was lovely. But I think for what we paid- about $80AUD per night (full moon, peak) I expected a bit more and the inconvenience of getting around the actual resort became a pain after first day or two.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We arrived to the hotel after an overwhelming night in another one so we were very happy finding such a nice place. The stuff was very helpful and nice; the rooms are simple but the view is truly amazing (especially from the pool). They take a good care of the garden and the pool too. We originally planned to stay for only two nights but as we were so satisfied with the complete package we have extended to 4 nights. This hotel completed our holiday:)
I have to add that we had an ant army in the room but OFF (DEET) is apparently good to make them stay away. There is no safety box in the room but there are lockers in the office.
The hotel has a private beach (not as nice as Haad Rin though) but we rented a motor so it was easy to move around.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed here for a week during the full moon party. Service and food was great, very friendly staff and location wasn't too bad. Only a 5 min can to town or 20 min walk.
Only thing I didn't enjoy is getting to the beach connected to hotel.
This place is basically on a hill so I you're on the first level like we were you need to walk down all 5 or 6 of the other levels to get to it or you can wait for the lift they have built but this thing takes 4 people at a time and take about 6 mins to get to the bottom!
Still a pretty small issue overall and would stay again. There are a few places we found whilst we were out there a lot closer to town and much cheaper tho

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Raj M
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here, we were due to stay for 5 days over New Years Eve, but after travelling to Ko Pagnyan and seeing the hotel we cut short our stay to 1 night!. Dont get me the wrong, the hotel has got breath taking views, but it was really just basic huts set up in the hills. Rooms are very basic and had to share mine with several geckos, ants and whatever else could easily get into the room. The hotel is staggered on many steps over different levels, there is a slow cable lift and that closes at 11pm. There are no safe deposit boxes in the rooms and have to use basically a locker that you can take the key with you from the office at the main reception. You will have to get taxi/tuk tuks everywhere as you are out of it up in the hill, tuk tuk only takes 10 mins to get into Haad Rinn though. The breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired for and the plates and glasses were dirty.

I expected much more from this hotel considering what we paid for it at the time and I think it was my expectations that what let me down. The clientele of the hotel was basically lots of young groups of lads who probably didnt mind living it a "bit rough", but I expected more.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Dont even bother with this hotel. Honestly it is one big disappointment. We were booked here to stay her for six nights but after booking and reading other posts on here I decided to book back on koh samui and I am SO glad I did. On the first night we arrived we ordered room service - the day we left the plates were still outside our hotel room where house cleaning had left them and which had been attacked by dogs for the left over food. They only cleaned our room ONE day the whole stay we were there. We had to beg for clean towels and toilet paper. If you want a peaceful hotel it is probably not the best hotel. People coming back from the full moon party etc were rather loud and it echoed waking us at all times through the night. As well as this the house keeping staff were located underneath out room whom were constantly yelling and receiving loud phone calls. The hotel room was filthy. The floors are polished  concrete which shows up a the dirty etc which they would just sweep under the bed. We also found a toe nail in our bedding which did not belong to us (we had painted to nails) and body paint all over the sheets that was not ours. They also would not give us clean glasses nor our free bottles of water each day. All the decking and wood floor around the hotel was rotting and you had to be careful we you stepped as it would just break. Several times I saw staff fixing decks and or not even bothering to fix it. The lift up and down the hill was okay but dreadfully slow the only other option was to walk up really step uneven stairs.  Our TV in our room did not work for the first two days and after many phone calls and going to reception they finally did something about it. One good thing about this hotel was the location to haad rin and other shops but not close enough for walking distance. Over all I would say don't stay here and just spend more money somewhere else. You will regret staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ausmary90
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Very special and close to the nature in a nice way. A different experience.

• Stayed: November 2010