It's hard to describe how beautiful the Santhiya is. It's a magical place that's hard to leave.
We spent 5 nights in one of their 'Hideaway pool villas'. Now we're back home if the Santhiya is mentioned it's followed with a wistful sigh of longing!
We were whisked to the Santhiya by the hotel's speedboat. Once there it's really like staying on a private island as in some ways you're cut off from the rest of Phangan. Hiring a car or a motorbike is not recommended due to insurance scams and the rough roads, so be prepared to chill out, get on island time and go with the Santhiya flow. There is a small town and another beach to explore literally around the corner from the Santhiya with lots of nice restaurants and a few shops – so a fair few options.
We took a trip to Ang Thong marine park organized by the hotel and it was amazing. The hotel have a ton of excursions if you want to explore more of the area.
As for the Santhiya itself... it's really a haven for peace and tranquility. All the rooms and villas are set out like a little village with winding roads and all tucked away for privacy. Our villa was immaculate, the private pool was a good size. Basically it's perfection.
Breakfast was outstanding. The service is outstanding. Both Mary-Jane and Nui were so helpful and lovely. We felt welcomed and well taken care off. All the staff are so kind. I do hope that other visitors take the time to smile back at the staff, say hello also and return the courtesies that the Thai people show visitors.
Also from a cultural standpoint – if you are reading this and have not been to Thailand before, pls be mindful of covering-up post-beach and careful where you put your feet! Sitting in a beach restaurant in a bikini is not done. Throw on a sarong / dress when eating or walking in a village!
Anyway, fantastic stay.... sigh..... we hope to return someday.
Thank you Santhiya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus is second to the highest villa category in the resort with 115sqm floor area and a truly unique character to show. Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus boasts its own personal infinity pools and a mini waterfall, picture-perfect panoramic sea view vistas along with a living room and open-air bathrooms. Perfect for newlyweds and honeymooners. Get lost in your very own luxurious private villa, the Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santhiya Hotel Thong Nai Pan
- Santhiya Resort And Spa
- Santhiya Hotel Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Resort Ko Phangan