$63
$52
$157
$110
Phangan Bayshore Resort(Ban Hat Rin)(Great Value!)
$98
$57
$101
$68
Agoda.com
Sunset Hill Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
$53
$39
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$136
$70
$278
$237
2,705 results
All reviewsprivate poolmary janehideaway pool villaour honeymoonoutdoor bathroomteak woodsupreme deluxesmall villagekoh phanganmain restaurantmain poolnearby villagesea viewneighbouring beachtraditional thai stylespeedboat transferjip shop
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We too have travelled to many top resorts around the world and nothing comes close to Santhiya on this beautiful part of Koh Phangan.

It's hard to put into words the pure bllss you feel when you arrive at this piece of paradise on the Santhiya speedboat. A beautiful white sandy beach, swaying palms, and the most magnificent resort built into a rainforest running down to the white sandy beach.

There are even natural timber carts running you up and down the hill every 10 minutes to the most beautiful rooms with the most beautiful views over the beach.

We had three different rooms during our stay - and when we thought it couldn't possibly get any better, we were put in villa 609, a king-size Royal Grand suite truly fit for a king (see photos).

Villa 609 was an awesome natural timber penthouse with the most beautiful elevated views right across Thong Nai Pan Noi beach. Swimming in the huge infinity pool was like being in mid-air, and there was another bedroom downstairs.
Even the main bathroom was 15 metres long with beautiful toiletries.

This room must be the world's best deal because it's better than $2,000 a night suites we've stayed in, at a third of the price. This Royal Grand suite has to be at the top of any bucket list - it's so exciting at such an affordable price!

I would urge anyone who wants the deal of a lifetime to get here before the new airport goes in nearby in the next 2 years, and the main road from the south is finished, because tourists will swarm here and the price will certainly go up.

As a previous reviewer said, it's the general manager Panja who makes this dreamy Santhiya Resort so perfect. His gentle, caring nature has been instilled in all his beautiful Thai staff, including the lovely Mary Jane at reception who also always has a happy smile on her face.

Santhiya is an exceptional resort hotel that words cannot describe, on an exceptional calm, sandy beach...so far unspoiled by mass tourism, with enough beachfront cafes to keep you happy, and the cutest little village with more restaurants hidden one street back from the beach.

Thank you Santhiya for making our little family very, very happy.

Room Tip: Villas 604 to 609 will give you the experience of a lifetime.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
PanjaSPN, General Manager at Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Khun Janet,

Sawasdee krab……Greetings from a beautiful sunny day at Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa – Traditional Thai-style luxury beach resort!

Thank you very much for your great review on TripAvisor. Thanks to you and your family for coming to stay with us. We enjoy reading every of your cheerful words about us. As hotelier, our aim is to make sure that all our guests enjoy their holiday and have great time with us. We love looking after our guests, so we are proud to hear that our resort is blissfully place and it’s paradise for our guests.

Well, you are absolutely right. Room#609 is one of our best Royal Grand Pool Villa suites; magnificent seaview with large swimming pool. They're more spacious and only some hundred dollars more. It really is the best value

In the meantime, Khun Mary Jane, our Asst. Front Office Manager and myself would like to express our sincerest thank your commendation about us. It’s very kind of your. Please also convey our best regard to Khun Rick and your lovely daughters.

We look forward to seeing you and your family back here again in a piece of paradise.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were so well looked after here. As well as being given a room upgrade to a gorgeous villa, with the most stunning outdoor bathroom, the staff were just fabulous. The food is good, we ate a la carte several nights at the restaurant (as well as breakfast) and it was great and the best food in that area. One evening we borrowed the canoe, and took it over to the other side of the bay for dinner. Stunning! Another fun thing we did is got a long tail boat around to the nearby fishing village for an early dinner. The seafood and atmosphere around there is really special and different for the island. I definatlely recommend a few nights here if you are into resort style holidays, or if you need a couple of nights luxury.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Khun Bec H,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at our resort in TripAdvisor. Our guests are important to us, so we always take good care of them, and messages such as yours are great reward to us. We are most pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the accommodation with stunning view, foods and services of our gentle team members. We are also glad to know that you took the free canoe to explore the next village. It’s great experience to get to know the local once you are in the destination.

We look forward to seeing you here at our beautiful resort on a private beach again in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We've just finished to stay 4 nights at this splendid resort. It is indeed one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. Every thing in this place is artfully crafted to fit the place and to help the guests. It is beautifully decorated with Thai art and gardens and it's also seemed to be right in the middle of the jungle. The resort is located on a steep hill and a small private bay. The view from the rooms is stunning but the guests have to "work" for it because there are so many stairs and steep roads in this place. They run a very efficient internal "taxi service" with unique small trucks they call "wooden taxi" that carry few passengers in an open wooden back. However, even if you use their taxies, you still need to climb up and down on stairs and roads in many places because these taxies don't reach every place. Even from the beach itself which is the main attraction and where they have one of their two restaurants, there's a climb of about 3 floors until one reaches the first taxi stop.
Their restaurant is really, really nice and their open buffet has rich and tasty selection but everything in there is very expensive when compared with all the other places we've been to in Thailand in the last 16 days. Even bottled water is ridiculously expensive (well, they only served imported Evian).
The place is a bit isolated from the outside and a 10 minutes walk on the sand along the beach is required in order to get to the next small bay and a small village with some other restaurants and businesses. So, we've had about half of our lunches and dinners in the hotel and the rest outside. The hotel serves a really nice breakfast that is included.
Some of the other things:
The exercise room is very beautiful but is open with ceiling fans and no A/C.
There were occasional power outages which were usually very short but still annoying because they happened while we were watching DVD movies. We had one long power outage during the day which really made the room uncomfortable. I guess this is why they equip each room with a flashlight! Guest services gave us a "compensation" but we felt they were really stingy and made us haggle with them.
There's a pool table in the exercise room but there are no balls and even though we complained about it, nothing wads done about it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ilan A

Dear Khun Ilan A,

Thank you for your kind commendation about our unique Thai style resort. We are very delighted to hear that your found our resort is one most beautiful resort you have stayed, and we are very grateful to hear that you appreciate the beautiful wood carving decoration in the room and around the resort as well as its beautiful garden.

In regard to the meals, we must admit that our prices are some higher than local restaurant, thus as you mentioned you found they are reach and tasteful. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed it, especially variety of foods and fruits at our quality and healthy breakfast. As for the drinking water, as Evian quality and it is imported, so the price is base on its quality. Please be informed that we also provide local drinking water as well as the other drinking water called “Iceland Spring” at reasonable prices.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in regard to the power outages, please note that this is seldom happen, and once it happen we have our generator to supply electricity in the resort. We also wish to advise that our pool table is not yet in service.

Once again, please accept our sincerest thanks for taking your time to share your experience at our “Excellent Resort - Luxurious, Beautiful & Exotic” with TripAdvisor’s followers. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We have to agree with what everyone has said before us in their reviews of the wonderful place.
Like the last review I read we too have stayed in many top resorts around the world but this one has to come up tops.
From the staff to the food to the rooms you can not fault Santhiya. This we are sure is due to a very hands on, pleasant, gentle General Manager, Panja. What other GM helps out at breakfast and is down at the jetty to wave his guests off, very impressed.
Thankyou Santhiya for a most wonderful week and we hope we can return again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank KiwiAustralia
PanjaSPN, Manager at Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Khun KiwiAustralia,

Sawasdee krab……Greetings from Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa – Traditional Thai-style luxury beach resort!

Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful stayed at our resort with TripAdvisor’s readers. Personally, please accept my sincerest thanks for your generous commendation about myself. It’s always my great pleasure to have a chance to meet and greet our guests on their arrival, make sure that they enjoy their stay with us and wish them a smooth and pleasant journey on departure.

Thus, we look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

What an amazing , incredible , beautiful resort ! After a 35 minute speed boat ride from Koh Samui , your field of vision takes in a wondrous site as Santhiya looms out of the side of the mountainous terrain on the quiet side of Koh Phangan.. The speedboat delivers you direct to the
floating pontoon and pier of the resort. Many hands to meet and greet and make you feel special.
There is so much to love about Santhiya .Where do I start ..... My priority was relaxation and rejuvenation. Both were exceeded. I stayed in a superior deluxe pool access room ( for 12 nights), set high in the resort. What a luxurious room ! Waking in the morning and looking round , you knew you were in Thailand . The woodwork and décor of the room is amazing. It was one of the reasons I chose to stay , because of the authenticity to detail . The loungers in my pool area gave a spectacular view. Speaking of views..... there was plenty from both restaurants. The main restaurant , Chantara (situated halfway down the resort) was where breakfast was served. Everything you could possibly imagine and want for breakfast was available, with the view. The buffet dinners were also served there. Again a plethora of food. Depending on the night , it varied from Thai Royal Buffet to BBQ night. I ate there many nights and found the food good. As far as pricing, the buffets were 700 to 800 baht. I have read a few reviews that state eating here was a little expensive . I think people forget that they are in a luxurious resort ( lots of staff and wages ) and nearly everything has to be brought in from the mainland This in comparison to a meal in native Melbourne Aust was still well below. And having stated all that , yes , there were cheaper restaurants also with good food outside of the resort. The second resort restaurant is called By The Sea. I also spent a few late afternoons , pre dinner drink of Margarita in hand watching the activity on the water. The colourful fishing boats coming and going were very pretty and mesmerising . I recall one evening talking on Skype to my brother back in Aust, and he commented he could hear the waves lapping in the background. ( Yes I found the WiFi very good at the resort ) This restaurant also had a good selection of menu and I must say it was a very romantic area. The roof of this restaurant is glass and wood beams , set under an amazing canopy of trees. Most nights you could see the distant shimmer on the horizon coming from the squid boats. There was also tables set directly on the beach, if you wanted to feel the sand between the toes. The resort also has a gift shop ,gym, library , wine cellar and day spa. The library had a good selection of books ( 80 % german/20% English ) and has 3 days beds for relaxing in air conditioned comfort. My 2 hours in the Ayurvana day spa was beautiful, well worth the money for the pampering . I did not go to the gym, but could see it was well equipped. The resort itself has beautiful gardens . It really is admirable to see the dedication that grounds staff put into maintaining the exotic surrounds. A lot of the walking areas around the resort are quite steep and for myself personally I welcomed the golf cart/buggy service of getting around where needed. Now to the service at Santhiya... . I travel to Thailand most years and have seen good , bad , better and best.
The staff at Santhiya are very attentive , happy and most helpful. Nothing a bother to them. So I would say they all fall in the Best category. From General Manager, reception ,service staff , housekeepers, groundspeople. drivers, I thank you for a fabulous holiday. I was a little worried about staying when I first got off the boat , due to an earlier knee operation leaving me in pain and limited movement , but as I said staff were mindful and looked after me and I would not have changed a thing . Again big thankyou!!
Lastly and quickly other information surrounding a stay at Santhiya.
Mosquitos. The resort is fumigated twice a week. Make sure you shut your door on dusk of a night and you shouldn't have a problem. I used a spray at night , before going to the restaurants and was not bothered by mozzies. Lucky me.
Pool .. I used the pool outside my residence , but there is a beautiful large pool with plenty of loungers near the beach area.
Beach... the beach is very coarse , like an exfoliation of the feet ,
The rocks .... You need to walk over these to get to the better sandy beach .Jet skis are available for hire and there are long boats/taxis which will transport you round the island.
The village... This is less than a 10 minute walk over the rocks along the beach ( couple of good beach eateries along here ) and then walk in between the Anatara resort and the Buri Rasa resort, There is a pharmacy , couple of grocery marts ( money exchange ) , tour shops, jewellery shops, dress/bathers shop , cafés , several restaurants and massage places. The money exchange rate was better in the village than the resort.
Speed boat.. Take the direct speed boat to the resort when getting off the plane at Koh Samui.
Staff greet you at the airport , transport you to the pier and then speedboat away to resort . This was 1500 baht. Expensive ? Possibly , but worth it. Make sure you sit in the front of the speed boat, get the wind in the hair and enjoy the view! ( better than the rough riding " goat track : that by car , comes into the back of the resort. )
Only negative I found with the resort was the walls were a little thin on adjoining residences 2 nights of my stay ( 2 couples partying on the terraces.). Not enough to make my stay unpleasant.

In summary........... if you looking for a relaxing , slow paced holiday, to recharge this is the place . If its shopping .nightlife you are after , this part of Koh Phangan is not for you.
I travelled as a solo . This resort caters for all. Singles/Families and couples .
I look forward to a little more pampering next year when I come back.
warmest regards
fondest memories
Miss Margaret

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank MargieB22

Dear Khun Margaret,

It is absolutely our great pleasure to read your fantastic review, and thank you so much for taking your time to wring such a long and accurate description about our resort and its staff, services, location, meals, decoration and many more . We love many of your lovely words;

- Many hands to meet and greet and make you feel special – Our guests are important to us. So we all are happy to welcome them on their arrival. I still remember when you said to me “I cannot make it” – finally you made it!
- My priority was relaxation and rejuvenation. Both were exceeded – we always do our best to meet and exceed our guests’ expectation
- Waking in the morning and looking round , you knew you were in Thailand – yes, we are. It is our intention and our goodwill to make our guests feel and experience Thai culture and Thai hospitality.
- The woodwork and décor of the room is amazing – again, we want our guests to feel the warmth accommodating in the Thai teak wood house and its decor.

The only word, I can say is that you are such a great ambassador for our resort for all TripAdvisor's readers. And we all look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Thank you once again.