“Great place for relaxation!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
The Sanctuary Thailand
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Berlin, Deutschland
“Great place for relaxation!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My girlfriend and me just got back from 1 week intense relaxation (no detox unfortunately) at Sanctuary and we are truly amazed by the kind spirits, the perfect service, the incredibly nice surroundings and all the yoga, mediation and healing workshops that are being offered (especially SOMALOGY with Tyr - he changed my life through correcting my posture).

We can truly recommend that place!

Gonna come back for a genuine detox next year! :)

Room Tip: Try getting a cheap bungalow for around 1000 Baht - they are really nice and close to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Its a place that touches your soul,moves you heart and blows your mind. Its like home.At some point you want to leave but you always want to come back.Its a place to be just yourself.Food,people, and location is amazing.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank happyzooey
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I spent two months here this year. This was my third trip to Had Thian and the sanctuary. This place has the x-factor that makes you want to stay forever. Conveying what this place means to me, and has done for me in words will be very difficult, simply because i have been given what is beyond words here.

The secluded non-touristy location is a dream come true for me! I absolutely love the kind of traveler this place attracts; switched on, open-hearted people who live and breathe for love and connection. Its so easy to get to know people here and make lifetime friends!

I highly recommend the tea temple and all of its staff. They are highly skilled in their fields, great healers and teachers of many fantastic arts of self-exploration and empowerment. I was especially touched by the tantra festival and workshops, real lifechanging stuff that helped me make quantum leaps in mybown personal practice and perception of the universe.

I also highly recommend the theta-healing at the tea temple with Erika (Devi). My life ga changef drastically, from failure and depression to happiness and success. Truly amazing stuff! I can not recommend this highly enough, i've been doing things like this for over 10 years, and i've never come across something this effective when it comes to freeing yourself feom negative patterns of belief. Its like karma-clear, swish and its gone!

Also the Somalogy work offered by Tyr Throne is magical. Ive been a yogateacher for years so im obviously quite familiar with my own body and posture, and with somalogy i achieved results i though would take me years of yoga. I also learned a thing or two from this genious that is absolutely invaluable to me now. I ended up taking a week long course in Somalogy, one of the best decicions of my life! If you're i had thian, try somalogy!! You will be ever grateful you did! You wil learn how to effortlessly have great posture so you can use your energy on something you love.

The western staff in the sanctuary also deserves praise, lovely heart-warm and welcoming.

Oh, and the open mic at the sanctuary on thursdays is just fabolous! Do not miss it!

Note for imrovements to the sanctuary;
The restaurant would do well with fewer dishes making it run more smoothly. When you're on vecation you don't want to wait 30-45 min to get the food that is good sometimes and honestly sometimes its badly done, something may sound great on the menu, but when you get it it looks horrible and tastes average at best.My suggestion is re-do the menu and teach the staff how present the food better visually. At the prices you charge for your food, this should be a given. The thai staff could also be a tad more attentive in the restaurant, it can be really annoyingly hard to get their attention some times. But when you do, they're superfriendly. Unless you complain about an order, then they are just plain rude, i know this is thai culture and blabla. But rude is rude.

All in all i will be coming back to the sanctuary again and again. I will bring all my friends again and again to do amazing tantra immersions and workshops. Make new friends and celebrate life sanctuary style.

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank SindreVasu
Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I feel blessed that my a myriad of my friends directed me to the sanctuary.
As soon as I got off the boat the magic began with the wonderful staff making me feel welcome in my unbeknownst, new home for the entire time my sanctuary inspired, extended visa allowed. :-D
The Sanctuary is a love filled, warm, welcoming, inspiring microcosmos of magic.
It is the perfect place to relax and grow within yourself at the same time. The workshops are diverse and inspiring, the yoga classes are professional and varied and the detox programs are comforted by kind professional staff who see you through to achieve your goals as smooth as possible.
Though secluded, the bay and immediate surrounding area well accommodate the staying put traveller and you are only a short boat trip away from a well stocked town.
The Sanctuary restaurant has an enormous selection of fresh healthy meals available and is set right on the beachfront of Haad Tian. It is comfortable, sociable and run by very capable super friendly staff, a real bonus for when you want to stay forever!
It is a really wholesome uplifting environment to get the most out of life. I can't thank the teachers and healers there enough. I felt really inspired to be the best that I could be whilst surrounded by such incredible people.
I highly recommend booking in for a workshop or two through the friendly staff at the tea temple while you are there, the sanctuary attracts leaders of their fields and you will definitely learn something interesting!
I personally recommend the Thai Ayurvedic massage course with Sebastian Bruno and Kimmana Nichols or the Tantric workshops with any of the knowledgeable teachers that grace the bay with their gifts :-D
The Sanctuary is a place that will accommodate for many different tastes. From the relaxer to the seeker, the yoga master to the novice, the learner or the teacher, the introvert or the socialite, it's all here to enjoy.
If you want to enjoy your time with switched on inspiring kin, the sanctuary is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Jestercat
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I can highly recommend visiting the Sanctuary! I had a wonderful time in Haad Tien. I met the most amazing and interesting people, enjoyed excellent workshops, great parties, strong healings, yummy food and beautiful places to stay. The bay was exactly the place I was looking for: lots of like minded, open-hearted people, the opportunity to participate in well held workshops, yoga, meditations, healing sessions etc. or just do nothing all day, enjoy the beach and the food, connect to people or read a book and maybe join a good party once in a while.
Straight from the beginning I felt warmly welcomed by the team of the Sanctuary, who helped me find my way around. At first it felt a bit like entering a different world, as so many people were closely connected, chatting, laughing and hugging, like a big family. So initially I felt like a stranger entering a group of people I don’t know, but everyone was very welcoming, inviting me for events and workshops, lovingly integrating me and soon I felt part of it all. Especially at the Tea Temple the staff and healers are more than helpful and welcoming and do everything to make you feel part of the community of people living or staying in the bay. So even if you might feel a bit overwhelmed and not part of it all when you first arrive, just start talking to people around and soon you will find yourself being part of the Haad Tien community.
If you want to experience Thailand and it’s culture maybe Haad Tien isn’t the place to be, but if you are looking for a beautiful place in the jungle with a wonderful beach, fascinating people from all over the world, heartfelt connections, high quality workshops in beautiful halls in the middle of the jungle with skilled and experienced teachers, good and healthy food, a lovely spa and a bit more of an alternative vibe and a community feel, Haad Tien is definitely one of the best places in the world to be!
And yes, like everything in the material world we are living in, staying there and visiting the workshops costs money, but the experiences you get out of the things you do are worth every baht! And there are lots of things offered for free as well, some of the events joined in my time in Haad Tien (which didn’t cost me a single baht!) were: films on the beach, open mic nights, meditations, parties, lots of spontaneous get togethers, drum circles, singing, fire circus shows, a beautiful wintersolstice celebration with dancing, meditation and a firewalk and so much laughter, meaningful conversations, love and friendship! Thanks to everyone who makes that place so special!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Scottish_Selkie
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a fantastic place this is, and such a refreshing change from the cheesy tourist hangouts that many of these thai places have become. The sanctuary itself is beautiful but with rooms that are not particularly cheap unless you choose the dorm. What stands out about it however is the vegetarian food in the restaurant which is front of house (plus an exhaustive menu for people on all sorts of fasts). This is the main place to meet friends to start your day and the location for really vibrant talent nights, films on the beach and more.

The one thing that really stood out for me was the variety of workshops and teachers that pass through this place, while maybe not appreciated by the masses who are unaware of the quality for the initiated this is a great opportunity to experience some of the best teachers as they pass through this little gem of a place. The tea temple in the back of the sanctuary is the place to dive in an sample a whole array of therapies and workshops. For me the best of these were the tantra events that were held in the festival while I was there - and I have to disagree about a review below which dismissed these and the sex to spirit film which was shown, which unlike the sleazy girly bar scene which dominates most of these Thai islands, promoted love, self worth, connection and openness. Bring it on, this is what is really needed in the world!

I do hope you change your minds about holding the tantra workshops there as this is a feather in your caps, and will pull many more people there including me!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank James_Stevenson42
london
Reviewed March 3, 2013

What started as a 5-night stay turned into a month... The Sanctuary is a truly wonderful place and very hard to leave. I am now a lifelong fan and look forward to a thousand more visits.

Everyone on the staff is amazing; friendly, helpful, warm, supportive, fun and kind... And the guests are too. I met so many inspirational characters and made many lifelong friends during my stay.

The schedule of classes and courses is second to none and I am now so much more open
to trying different things. If something isn't to your taste, just pick something else or relax on the beach. With yoga, meditation, talks, posture or breathing classes, a beauty spa, healing sessions, beaches, jungle treks to an incredible viewpoint, amazing food (and drinks), movies on the beach, open mic night and an array of such interesting people to talk to, I didn't find myself bored for even a minute.

I see that some reviewers didn't love The Sanctuary as much as me, but I'd say to newcomers; turn up with an open heart and open mind and you'll reap benefits you never imagined possible. Honestly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo