“Great beach location. Very basic old huts.”
Review of Leela Beach Resort

Leela Beach Resort
Ranked #68 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lovely location near the Cocohuts hotel resort. Leela's bungerlows are on the beach which is ideal. However it seems like they were built in the '70's and haven't been refurbished since. I'm sure they're cleaned regularly. We shared our 'bathroom' (a 70's toilet & broken shower) with a giant cockroach who could easily wander in through the holes in the wall.
Saying that we slept ok and it's a lovely spot.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is pretty good, I generally like to stay in 4-5 star properties and this wasn't bad.

It has no hot water, who cares you're in Thailand and have the beach!

The food is pretty good!
Staff are good and the Bungalows are comfortable.

They have a range of canines that protect the property and are safe and friendly.

The view is good and overall I agree this is value for money and would be back

Room Tip: Get a beach bungalow!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Riss_AUS
Reviewed February 6, 2013

dont expect a 5 star booking this place, I wont give them 1 start; however, is not about the starts is about the people staying in this place.
I had a great time, I felt safe.
the room was clean when I checked in, I got my own padlock, so the cleaning crew didnt have access to clean every day (I booked for 3 nites)
My bungalow was 30 feet from the water, the view was amazing. and very quiet.
To go to town was a 10-15 walk. coming back from town...bring a flash light with you if late at nite.
I recommend if you go, get there early when still light outside; cause to find it, it took me 2 hrs..and it's not on the road, its literally on the beach. First you go thru a resort, onto the beach and the walk about 200 meters to find it... Sweet!!!

Room Tip: bring your own padlock. and take a room close to the "restaurant"
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I love this Place and have not found anywhere in the world that matches this setting. Great beach and not to far to walk in to the party. I just love it here and will always go back every time I'm allowed.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Me and my friend (2 Aussie girls stayed at Leela beach bungalow) my room is small cottage with fan close to the beach it not so bad for 300 ฿ we made friends with everyone that stayed there we became a little koh phangan family (ended up traveling rest of thailand with a few) it's 15 min walk on the beach go to Cocohut resort and walk up to Had Rin town . Very chilled atmosphere the owners let us put food and drink on tab, food was great and cheap! Free Internet. Great value for money!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alexandawhite
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Leela beach bungalow has a good choice of bungalows, we stayed in a family bungalow on the beach front with our 5 yr old daughter. The bungalows are nice but a bit of a walk from the restaurant/reception area. Especially if you arrive on the beach midday with heavy bags.
Take your bags to the far left corner of the beach to check in (or leave your bags there and check out the bungalows).
There was a nice mix of backpackers, couples and families in MPR and lots o daytrippers come and go during the day. The food is very good restaurant but of breakfast and during the day snacks MPR is fine and they have the friendliest staff in the bay. Yes it is slow most of the time, order go get forgotten sometimes but they do care and are always friendly. (which is something special in the touristy south of Thailand)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Willaim99
Reviewed February 26, 2012

It may have changed owners since we stayed there - we heard that it had already been bought but the people running it were just trying to make some money out of it before the new owners took over. But if it's the same then avoid it. Alarm-bells started ringing when the guy running it asked us to pay for three nights upfront, but we were tired so we agreed to pay for one night and see how it went. He assured us there was no problem with cockroaches, but we got back to our room (one of the more expensive breezeblock aircon ones on the beach) to find the bathroom crawling with them. The guy acted shocked (unconvincingly) when we told him about it and checked out the following morning. We stayed in Lighthouse - just round the headland along a wooden walkway from Leela beach - which we would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple