“One if the coolest joints on Koh Pha Ngan”
Review of The Cool Forest

The Cool Forest
Ranked #216 of 412 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Let me start by saying that the food here is amazing. Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. It's not like Mexican food in the States though. I've never had anything quite like it. Very unique. If Mexican is not your thing, they also do excellent Thai food and beyond. The atmosphere is super chill. You can post up on rasta pads if you want. They show movies on a large projection screen. Mostly comedies early in the night and later on in the night they might show something a little darker (Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Terminator 2, etc.). Very cool. Other nights they have open mic, which is good fun. There is an electronic drum kit and some guitars, and some talented people get down on it. The most consistent presence at the open mic is a bald American guy named Jon who gets totally piss drunk but still manages to play guitar and sing really well. He will definitely hit on your girlfriend, but is otherwise harmless. The owner is super chill, the staff is super chill, and the atmosphere is super chill. If you like good food, good people and good times and are on Koh Pha Ngan, Jomin Bar is a must. I have literally had entire days and nights fly by getting drunk in this place. It's that comfortable and the people are that cool.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Absolutely FANTASTIC, After having our fill of Thai my partner and I needed a change we randomly found this place and soooo pleased we did as it is a little back from the road!! We were the only customers in the place as it was still early in the day but treated like royalty from start to finish. When our order was being taken the waitress couldn't really understand me as I was asking alot of questions, she disappeared for 5 mins then came back with an english speaking person :). The service was the best I have received in a long time and the food was by all accounts amazing!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

a Koh Phangan MUST! Delicious food!!! I would recommend the Mexican pasta(my favorite!), sounds weird but turned out really good and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! The enchiladas were also super tasty! Every time I went back and tried something else, it was always good! Especially the complimentary chips and salsa! The chips are homemade and you won't find chips anywhere like it! Just a little pricey but only by a little, totally worth it!! They were played American 80s-90s movies at 10pm everyday which made for good laidback nights. Super friendly staff!

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

After 3 weeks on the road eating solely Thai food, we were ready for something else. We stumbled across this place, set back somewhat from the road, and loved it. The owner and his wife have been here only for a few months but they really deserve to succeed. Lots of homemade stuff and free chips and salsa. Chilled music and films showing at 10pm nightly, though we didn't stay that late. Lush salsa and great chicken enchiladas. Big thumbs up.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is the best mexican food I've found in Thailand. Great flavors and spices with unique twists on standby favorites. On an island covered with bars and restaurants this one cerrainly stands out. Yes it's a little higher priced than many other places but not by much, and you get what you pay for in portion sizes and quality of ingredients. Highly recommended!