As a single person travelling alone I was apprehensive about this resort at first as I thought that it would only be a place for couples and honeymooners. Although this statement is pretty true the location itself has loads to offer for anyone looking at escaping the hussle and bussle of Had Riin where the full moon party is, whilst at the same time having some cool bars and beach front restaurants very close to the resort. I visited Ko Phangan in May and still had some excellent sunshine but expect a few rainy days with clouds. Even if it does rain you will pretty much always get a good amount of sun at that time of year. I would probably avoid going anywhere in Thailand from June - Novemeber as this is when the monsoon seriously kicks in, so if lots of sunshine is what you are after at that time of year then you maybe better off going somewhere else. The resort do offer a return speed boat trip directly to the beach of the full moon party for around 500 BHT (around 10.00 pounds per person) which I thought was excellent value for money. Although as you would expect the full moon party is full of people getting trashed on XTC as well as any other drug you could think of. I would recommend the jungle bar where they have a party every Monday and its goes on till 5am and this has a more chilled and less druggy atmosphere and is very close to Panviman. Great music and very friendly people. There is also a Mhoi Tai boxing ring close to the Panviman resort so if this floats your boat I would definatley recommend this. The Panviman resort itself is surounded by amazing landscape and scenery and I would recommend the Superior room which has an excellent view of the pools, mountains and sea. These rooms have everything anyone would need from a fridge stacked with beer, snacks and whisky ets although these are not complimentery. The food from a price prospective is comparible to eating out in England and they offer a wide range choice of food for everyone. The resort has its own private beach area and the sand is white and clean with easy swimming right off the beach. The only negative thing I would say is there is apsolutley no visibility for snorkelling there but you can easily get a day trip orgainsed to visit the North or North West side of the island where you will get to see some pretty amzing sea life. Above all I would highly recommend this resort for anyone who is not on a low budget. For those that are I would recommend Sunset Cove Resort on the West side of the island which is an idillic spot for singles and couples. Very nice sunsets on the West coast but nothing as you would expect on the North East but still very cool sunrises if you can be bothered to get up at silly o'clock in the morning. Happy travels!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 72 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan