We booked 6 nights here and were lucky enough to get upgraded. The room was amazing, with a great ocean view and good housekeeping daily. Breakfast was exceptional with a great ocean view. There were chefs to cook you eggs/roti etc how ever you like and a large selection of fruit, yoghurt, baked goods etc.
There were just a couple of let downs to our stay.
1- It cost 500bht (about $18) to hire a kayak for 3 hours. every resort I have been to have rented these non-motorised watersports equipment for free.
2- The beach restaurant food was below par.
3- It was daylight robbery to get to/from the resort. To get there cost us $10pp and that was in a tuk tuk with other people. To get back, we didn't line up with the timing of the resort van - which was 300bht pp- so they offered us a private ride for 1200 bht ($40). It was a 15 min drive. We ended up organising our own ride for $27 in the village.
It was just a shame when people save so hard for a nice holiday, and then have to fork out excessive amounts.
I would recommend to stay here, but if you are experienced at riding a motorbike/scooter, rent one in town when you arrive. It will most likely cost you less in the long run. Mind you the roads are not all paved so watch the conditions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 72 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan