We were on our honeymoon & had ordered 2 different rooms for different dates. We were upgraded to the better room (low-season) for the entire stay!
Overall a great place to stay, if it's not raining. It rained for 4 days straight & we were getting a little stir-crazy.
Make sure to take the hotel transportation from the ferry. It was much cheaper & we were sorry we didn't take advantage.
1. Friendly staff
2. Beautiful room
3. Excellent service--they come immediately if you call
5. DVDs available at reception--particularly nice when raining
6. Resort is beautiful
7. Decent prices for room service (chicken burger recommended) & restaurants
8. Excellent deals at beach BBQ open in evening: you get soup, salad, bread, fish, rice all for a fixed price.
9. Great entertainment at the beach restaurant in the evening
1. Staff's poor English making it difficult to communicate
2. Not much to do if raining (fitness area all outdoor, beach too dirty & dangerous)
3. Room service/pool deck restaurant pizza was terrible: soggy & terrible-tasting sauce. Avoid!
4. They did not change the sheets one day though we had requested it. We called and they came to change them while we were in the room. My husband was appalled when they threw the pillows on the dirty floor (without changing them) and then put them back on the bed. He then asked that they change the pillow slips too & they did.
5. We booked a ferry to our next destination through the reception. We were specifically told this did not include a ride from the ferry to the next hotel, so they also helped us book a taxi. The reception, however, gave WRONG info--the ride was indeed included in the cost of the ferry. Thus we ended up having to pay for both rides, which we were not happy about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & Resort with 85 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity swimming pool, private beach, beach acivities, mountain bike, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TravelClick, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan