What an amazing place, pure paradise basically sums it up.
The resort is out of this world, beautifully done up and the rooms were spectacular. We booked a deluxe cottage and requested a sea view, we were not disappointed. The rooms were stunning and had the most amazing view. We had a bath on our balcony which we made good use of!
The staff are so friendly and will do anything to help you whatever your request. The food at the resort is a little bit costly and to be honest not that great but if you walk for a few minutes down to the beach there are a few bars and restaurants there which are cheaper and the food is fab! We ate at the Beach Bar pretty much every day, they also have a happy hour from 5pm - 7pm and 10pm - 12am where all cocktails are about £1.50.
There is not alot to do at the resort, we stayed for 5 days which was perfect and we will definately be going back to the resort next year.
Ok now for the less positive parts; the drive to the resort is awful, it takes 45 mins and you are literally driving up a mountain which has no proper roads, it was not great but it is worth it when you do get up to Panviman. If you can afford it what i would suggest is to book the hotels speedboat which is a fairly new service. One way from Samui direct to the resort costs £100, it takes about 45 mins door to door and cuts out that drive and also the sea ferry which only goes twice a day i believe. Also at the pier (cant remember the name!) there is a new speedboat service which leaves every hour on the hour and costs about £7.50 per person but only takes 10 mins to get from Samui to Koh Phangan, again this would be worth booking instead of the ferry which although only takes 30 mins goes only a few times each day.
This hotel might not be great for those who find it hard to walk very far, it is on a mountain and there are pretty steep steps to get to and from the beach, also all accommodation is on a mountain to expect steep paths! Certainly kept us fit!
I hope you find this review helpful :o)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 72 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan