We stayed at the Panviman for two nights while on honeymoon. Someone had recommended it after staying there about 3 years ago. The prices have since been hiked up CONSIDERABLY (i.e. up around 150%!!!) I'll try to make this easier to read by using bullet points!
- beautiful pool area
- gorgeous views across the bay
- some nice staff (well... one in the shop)
- the area was more what I expected of a Thai island, in that it was remote and fairly undeveloped, which was a plus to me
- some cool bars and restaurants in the area, with nice people
- lovely star-gazing in the evenings
- booked hotel via their office in Koh Samui - the woman who worked there was not there at 10am although it was meant to open at 9am. The neighbouring shop called her, and she arrived in 10 minutes, clearly just out of bed!
- when we arrived at the harbour, the people on the hotel courtesy bus had no record of us!! Finally they agreed to take us there!
- even when we arrived at the hotel they did not know who we were - the woman in Koh Samui just hadn't booked us in!!
- Got a ''deluxe villa'. Smelt a little mouldy, but nice enough UNTIL we found biting ants on the toilet seat, lots of mosquitoes and a CENTIPEDE in the bathroom. Discovered the bathroom was partially open air!
- Husband couldn't stand this, so we asked at reception if we could move rooms. We were told 'please come back tomorrow' accompanied by a large smile.
- Came back in the morning and were told to come back at 3pm!
- they did move us to a normal hotel room, which was better, but, as others have pointed out, there were gaps in the door, and anything could crawl in!
- came back that evening and I had left my keys in a bar - it didn't matter, as the door slid open easily, although it was locked!!!
- when I went back to get my bag from the beach, we chanced our arm and asked if we could have a lift in the buggy down the hill (it is really steep). There were about 4 people sitting a reception. They said the battery was dead. On our way back, we saw them driving the same buggy about!! Battery seemed to work well enough!
- upon leaving, we were politely told with a large grin that we had broken ''some glass'' in the room and had been charged 1000 Thai Baht!!!!
- looooooooooooong back and forth discussion about this as we had broken nothing. We were finally told that we would not be charged ''this time''...........errrrm thanks!!!
- 45 minute ride from harbour to hotel VERY bumpy, but would have been worth it for a nice hotel and helpful staff
- there ARE a lot of wild dogs in the area, and we had to borrow a broom from the friendly security guard in order to fend them off on the steep road from the beach to the hotel!!
OK maybe the bullet points didn't make it easier to read, but we were sorely disappointed that there were so many negatives to the last couple of days of our honeymoon.
If you do go to the area, go to the the Luna bar on the west side beach - it's beautiful, good value and run by a lovely couple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 72 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan