“Nothing short of life-changing”
Review of Blooming Lotus Yoga - CLOSED

Blooming Lotus Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blooming Lotus Yoga Retreat in Thailand is an oasis of peace and beauty. Located footsteps from the crystal blue water and white sands of one of Thailand's most gorgeous beaches we offer daily yoga classes, yoga retreats and yoga teacher training programs year round for both beginners and advanced students.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Excellent and varied yoga classes, a wonderful deepening of ypga philosophy with introductions and discussions on such topics as ayurveda and meditation as well as methods and ideas for changing deep seated thought-processes and patterns which don't necessarily serve our best interests... We had mixed abilities on the retreat but this neither neglected the inexperienced nor held back the experienced.

Francie who runs the retreat has a great energy and at the end of each week the groups bonded brilliantly.

It's not a super-strict vegan environment in that the accommodation caters for its own guests as well as those from the retreat — which by and large consist of backpackers and regular visitors looking for an alternative to the generic resort scene, although vegetarianism and alcohol-abstinence is reccommended to get the most out of the practice — although this is encouraged rather than judgementally enforced.

I did a 2 week retreat, which I'd recommend if you can manage it, and I have returned to London with a permanent new-attitude to my life and practice.

6  Thank Charlie B

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My week at the Blooming Lotus was outstanding. The yoga classes were perfect. Challenging and inspiring. Francie is really good at what she does. I had a great time meeting new people from all over the world and connecting with them in and outside the yoga studio. I also appreciated the guided meditation sessions we had. I learned a lot, and would definitely do another retreat in the future.

2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My week at Blooming Lotus was far more then I could ever have imagined. Francie is a wonderful instructor, structuring the week with a great balance between yoga on the mat and meditation. She offers the chance to really develop technique and to challenge yourself both physically, mentally and spiritually. The surroundings offer a great compliment to the daily classes, with beautiful beaches on your doorstep, wonderful food at Bamboo and an array of alternative healers to visit. The accommodation is basic but charming and frankly you only use it to sleep or rest in the hammock on the deck. My one concern is that the place will become too popular:) I can't wait to go back!

4  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed January 13, 2014

What an incredible week spent at the Blooming Lotus Yoga retreat! Francie has to be one of the most influential and delightfully happy souls I have ever come across which made my week spent with her one of the most memorable in my life. Her advice and teaching both on and off the mat will stay with me always.

The idyllic beach and surroundings, serene yoga studio, delicious food at Bamboo Huts and compassionate, lovely people all contributed to a truly fantastic experience. I can't wait to go back...

3  Thank Lex1979
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Francie's one-week yoga retreat was exactly what my wife and I needed to decompress from the city life and remind ourselves about healthy physical and mental habits. Francie successfully differentiates her instruction so that beginners to advanced will find her classes useful. Francie has years of yoga and teaching experience behind her and it shows. She gives frequent and timely feedback during her classes, and her open-minded attitude makes everyone feel comfortable and accepted. The yoga studio is truly sublime; its feng-shuied positioning in the jungle canopy, overlooking the beach below makes you feel like you've already achieved enlightenment! With ample beach time, fantastic food, and myriad spots to chill and 'just be', Blooming Lotus Yoga Retreat is truly sublime.
Like the Lonely Planet says, you may want to Nama-stay forever!

4  Thank Zak G