Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Simply Brilliant

My husband and I love diving but, since having kids, we haven’t felt able to go. We thought this... read more

Reviewed January 5, 2019
GrumpyandFrumpy
Winchester, United Kingdom
Great experience with amazing guide

Reviewed March 12, 2016
792florianm
Baden, Austria
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

We went on a beautiful trip. Everything was perfect and we had a fantastic day out on the boat. Snorkeling was beautiful!!Will definitely come back and make the diving course... Keep up the good work!!!

Date of experience: March 2016
3  Thank 792florianm
Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

Passed my OWD together with Gert in a 1on1. He introduced me in getting familiar with diving. I always felt save and comfortable with him under and over water.

Gert has perfect knowledge about the dive spots (was at Sail Rock and Koh Ma). So he could show me all kinds of fishes which were to be expected even if other divers missed them ;)

Boat and food was absolutely fine.

thank you for the good time with you.

Date of experience: January 2016
7  Thank Dino N
Reviewed October 13, 2014

My wife and I went with Tropical Dive Club to Koh Tao. we did 2 dives, dive time was approximately 40 or so minutes. We went on a long tail boat, we were part of a small group (4 people) with 2 dive master. Our dive master, Miles, was helpful in explaining the dive site, the sealife at the site and how we were to approach the site. We were provided with full dive equipment at no extra charge. The seas were rougher than usual and Koh Tao is very popular dive site, with boats queuing up behind eachother, meaning we had to do a far amount of swimming to reach the meeting point. Underwater was a different story, no current and a comfortable dive.

The guys at Tropical provided lunch which we couldnt eat due to sea nausea!

I would go with Tropical Dive Club again.

Date of experience: October 2014
3  Thank Blessedarethespoons
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Sophie took my husband and I scuba diving at Sail Rock and it was a great experience - one of the best of our holiday. We chose here because of the reviews on TA and also because the staff are nice and there was no hard sell. We made enquiries the day before and the guy at the counter was content to answer our twenty questions about it. He was very laid back and didn't pressurise us to book at all. My husband and I were both quite nervous as it was our first ever dive so Sophie arranged to meet us early and showed us the basics off the beach (getting water out of your mask and mouth - it is actually easier doing it in deep water but I probably would have panicked if I hadn't tried it first in the shallows). Sophie was really friendly, came across as very professional and seemed very enthusiastic about marine life. We did two dives with lunch in between. I skipped lunch as I was feeling a bit queasy but my husband said it was lovely. I lay down because I was feeling tired and queasy and Sophie was straight over to see if I was OK. I was grand. The diving was great and Sophie made sure we saw a good variety of marine life. My husband panicked a few times because he couldn't pop his ears and it was hurting him but Sophie was on hand to stop him bolting to the surface and helping him sort the problem with his ears. We were very well looked after. I have to say we both felt absolutely wrecked later that night - diving takes more out of you than you would think! My only complaint is that I wish someone had a gopro so we could have gotten a couple of underwater pictures of us. That would have been great. We didn't bring our cameras to take pictures on the boat either in case they got wet although there is a dry area to store your stuff, just make sure you don't stumble into the sea getting on or off the boat. I would highly recommend Tropical Dive club and Sophie in particular and I would love to go diving again (in tropical waters of course).

Date of experience: August 2014
3  Thank Belfastglobetrotter
Reviewed September 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time with the folks at Tropical Dive Club despite some cloudy weather. They are all very professional, including the helpers on the boat- from helping to load and set up gear to orienting you on the boat and changing gear inbetween dives, we felt well taken care of. Sophie led our dive at Sail Rock and before we dove she explained what we were doing, what we could see, and reviewed hand gestures for when we were underwater. She made us feel very comfortable in and out of the water, which as occasional divers was extremely comforting. The cooler and lunch were great as well.

Thank you Gert, Sophie and the entire team!

4  Thank jax626