Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Simply Brilliant

My husband and I love diving but, since having kids, we haven’t felt able to go. We thought this... read more

Reviewed January 5, 2019
GrumpyandFrumpy
Winchester, United Kingdom
Great day out

When you walk up to Gert's office/shack from the beach you can't help thinking that it should been... read more

Reviewed July 5, 2016
lee747
Perth, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend had our first ever experience with tropical dive club. The instructors are excellent and extremely professional. I was very nervous and our instructor put me at ease throughout the experience. We did two dives. Halfway through the second I panicked and the instructor had me up to the surface within seconds and calmed me down. He had me back down again and I felt safe at all times. The lunch provided was tasty too.

4  Thank ElaineKH87
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This was our first scuba diving experience and we chose Tropical Dive Club based on other reviews. I was slightly nervous about scuba diving, but had emailed before we left the UK and the responses I got from Sophie at the club were helpful, reassuring and gave me the confidence to go for it. When we arrive on Koh Phangan, Tropical Dive Club was easy to find, right on the beach at the end nearest our Hotel (Santhiya). We arranged our dive with Gert for the next day, and before we headed out on the boat he fully kitted us out with everything we'd need and explained how it worked. On the way out to Sail Rock he gave us further instructions and the opportunity to ask questions. On arrival at Sail Rock we got into our equipment, with him supervising and checking everything was as it should be. Before getting into the water he fully explained what we would be doing and the different stages of our first dive. We definitely felt in safe hands.
The dive site was fantastic, and we couldn't believe the things we were seeing on our very first dive. My husband took to it immediately, whereas I was bit more nervous and panicked at the end of our first dive. Gert calmed me down and all was well. A leisurely break for lunch on the boat (provided) and then it was back in the water for a second dive. I decided that diving was a once In a lifetime experience for me and stayed on the boat. My husband and Gert returned to the underwater world for a second time.
We both had a great day, and are really glad we did it. I may not necessarily do it again, but I don't think I'd have done it at all if it wasn't for the confidence and the experience of the instructors at Tropical Dive Club.
My husband nominates it as his highlight of a two week trip to Thailand and would gladly return tomorrow to do it again.
We cannot recommend them highly enough, whether your a confident swimmer or nervous nelly, they really look after you.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank Lynette H
Reviewed August 25, 2014

great instructors - Sophie and Dirk - arranged a top dive-spot with familiar hospitality. optimal preparation before dive, interesting introduction of dive spot, empathic treatment of guests, good cooperation with locals and wonderful phet-curry on the boat - yess!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Peter280700
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This was my sisters first dive. I was worried at first, but we got an amazing guide - Sophie.
She was really nice and explained everything really clearly. She gave us a lot of confidence and a sense of security.the staff of the diving club and the boat were very professional and made this day a huge succcess.

If you want to have a great diving experience We recommend "Tropical diving club"!

Date of experience: July 2014
2  Thank HadassInn
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very helpful and well organized. Great trip, plenty of water to drink on the boat, equipment all excellent

Date of experience: June 2014