“Awesome and perfect Divetrips with Tropical Dive Club!”

Tropical Dive Club, Koh Phangan
More attraction details
Owner description: Tropical Dive Club is located in Thongtapan Resort at the northern end of Thong Nai Pan Noi. Just talk a stroll down the beach and look for our dive flag. Our beach front office is open from 10am to 7pm, 7 days a week. Tropical Dive Club offers a full range of internationally recognised SSI and Padi dive courses in English and German. Alongside our daily trips to Sail Rock, Tropical Dive Club plans weekly trips to Koh Ma, Koh Tao or the Ang Thong Marine Park, allowing you to explore more of the amazing and colourful underwater world surrounding Koh Phangan. We also arrange snorkeling tours around the island.At Tropical Dive Club, we know you are on holiday, and want to give you the best experience possible. Our fast boat will take you quickly, comfortably and directly from the beach to the best sites in the Gulf of Thailand. Our boats are fully equipped with buoyancy aids, first aid kits and oxygen for your safety. Our high quality dive equipment, late departure time, small groups and highly trained dive staff allow you to relax and enjoy your holiday to the full.
Aachen, Germany
“Awesome and perfect Divetrips with Tropical Dive Club!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had two very beautyful days diving with the Tropical Divers. We got modern Equipment, the boat was clean and had enough space for people and stuff.
Also the Instructors are very friendly, professionell and speak a perfect german and english.
In summery: everything was excellent and we had a lot of fun. Thank you very much!

Visited March 2014

Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Super nice and professional”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had never dived before and started with an "Experience Scuba Diving" trip. We continued the next two days to complete the OWD. Sophie and Dirk were amazingly friendly, relaxed and professional. We always felt safe and the training and the lessens were very thorough. They offered (but never pushed) plenty of extra information about the state of the oceans, the endangered sharks, etc. They must see so many newbies like us come and go but the student-teacher-relationship was very personal and caring and we never felt like a number. Thanks!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank XTPH
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Thank you Sophie”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend decided to give diving a go for the first time while staying in Thong Nai Pan. We decided to go with Tropical due to the great reviews. The reviews were right and Sophie is as good as the reviews said. Although we did not dive very deep as I was having trouble equalizing we still had a great time thanks to Sophie. Sophie is very patient and very good with beginners. Thanks to Sophie and Tropical we will no doubt be diving again sometime in near future, hopefully a bit deeper next time fingers crossed!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank AmirD930
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant diving school!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I travel a lot but hardly ever write reviews. The reason I’m writing this one is to say thank-you again to Gert and Sophie and to encourage others to dive with the Tropical Dive Club. When you have traveled far and only have a limited amount of time to spend, you want to make sure you dive with a good shop, one that knows what it’s doing, knows the sites and knows how to makes the experience safe, comfortable and wonderful.

Before coming to Thailand, I spent a lot of time researching diving schools on Koh Phangan. I’d heard some really terrible stories about ‘diving factories’ and wanted to get the best possible teacher I could find for my OPen Water Certification. I finally plunged for the Tropical Dive Club because Sophie came very highly recommended on Tripadvisor and the club offers both PADI and SSI courses — I really wanted to do SSI as it’s flexible, practical and thorough. An added bonus was that the club turned out to be 3 minutes away from our hotel, the Santhiya.

I am so happy that I chose the TDC: their equipment is well maintained, their attitude is really relaxed and friendly and their boats are comfortable. The dive shop is right on the beach (in between an excellent massage place and a good beach bar/restaurant) and it’s a great location to hang out.

However, what mattered most to me was the teaching and I could not have asked for better. The TDC is an authentic and professional school where you are given a lot of personal attention. Sophie is kind, enthusiastic, supportive and indeed an excellent teacher: thanks to her, I always felt safe and learned quickly and with confidence.

The dives (Koh Tao and Sail Rock) were wonderful: I did six in total and saw the most amazing corals, barracudas, a bluespotted ribbontail stingray and many other fascinating creatures. My husband came along too: he did not want to go diving but the sites turned out to be equally brilliant for snorkeling (which the club also provides equipment for) and he had a great time. As other reviewers noted, the lunches are indeed excellent and the entire crew is great company: we talked a lot on the boat, about everything from The Avengers (Sophie is a latter-day Emma Peel) to expat life and marine conservation.

I already am looking forward to going back for more dives with the Tropical Dive Club and cannot recommend them highly enough.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank JosephineEats
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing First Dive with Friendly Instructors”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to Sail Rock with Tropical Dive Club on a Discover Scuba Diving course and absolutely loved it. We were a bit nervous beforehand as it was our first dive, but our instructor Sophie was extremely friendly and knowledgeable which greatly reassured us. Their office is right on the beach so it's extremely convenient if you're staying in one of the hotels nearby as we were. It took us about an hour to get out to Sail Rock on their somewhat noisy boat, during which time they briefed us on the basics of scuba diving, and when we arrived we were in the water almost straightaway. There were a couple of groups on the boat, each with 2-3 people per instructor, which was great for first-timers such as ourselves. Sophie took us on two dives all around the rock where we saw thousands of amazing tropical fish, and we were given some simple but tasty thai food for lunch in between the dives. There was even a Whale Shark in the area while we were diving but unfortunately we didn't see it, the only disappointment of the experience. We now know why Sail Rock is so highly regarded amongst divers, and going there with Tropical Dive Club is the perfect way to see it!

Visited August 2013