“Great stuff”

Full Moon Party
Ranked #3 of 10 Fun & Games in Ko Pha Ngan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The First and Frang Hotel provides easy access to the best in business,dining ,shopping,leisure and entertainment.The located in serene area and only a 15 minute walk from Thongsala pier and Affordable and Budget Hotel in center of Koh Phangan.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Well at the ripe old age of 45 I managed my first full moon party, and have to say was a blast even at my age I had the largest bucket out of everyone which cost 600 baht bargin and lasted me all night the music from various bars was good depending on your taste I would deffinately do another one for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,794)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"haad rin beach"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Despite the general lack of hygene theme at the FMP I would have to say that I had a lot of fun and my four friends did as well. I would say it's definitely something younger people should attend when traveling to Thailand because it is such a unique experience. The alcohol also seemed fine to me.

I would recommend using a clean bathroom before you set foot anywhere near Haad Rin, wearing flip flops, and staying away from the fire jumping (unless 3rd degree burns are your thing).

Reviewed December 16, 2013

such a disappointment so many thousands of people come to this very beautiful island and end up shocked at the dirty disgusting way this full moon party has developed . dirty rough drunken kids on very bad cheap chemical alcohol sold as real spirits. really a ripoff and bad experience

3  Thank AnnaAnywhere
Reviewed December 12, 2013

So when I told my friends I was going to travel through Asia and that I would start in Thailand, a lot of them started talking about the full moon party. I of course had heard of this party before and as I love to party I decided to go and check it out.

Well... I wouldn't say that I was disappointed, but I do have to admit that it's not all that awesome as a lot of people make it out to be. You're on a beach (and while I was there it was rainy season, so the weather wasn't all too good, that wasn't helpful), but you could've been on any other beach really. There are several music stands, pretty much as if you're on a festival and I have to say that back home, we have way better festivals than this full moon. I didn't like the music all too much (though, of course, that's a matter of taste), it was too crowded, it was overhyped, because really, it's nothing more than any other beach party you could go to at any other place in the world. It was nice to have experienced it, but I thought it would've been something different compared to the parties I'm used to. It wasn't, and the parties I'm used to are in my opinion better.