“A must do!”
Review of Full Moon Party

Full Moon Party
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The First and Frang Hotel provides easy access to the best in business,dining ,shopping,leisure and entertainment.The located in serene area and only a 15 minute walk from Thongsala pier and Affordable and Budget Hotel in center of Koh Phangan.
Geelong, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I were over in Koh Samui for our honeymoon. I have been to the full moon party once before but thought since we were there when it was on we might as well go and have some fun. It is definately a must do when you are over there. There is a lot of things to see and do when you are there. The party has cleaned up alot since we were there. No swearing is allowed on the stalls selling buckets and there is now a safety point on the beach for people who are lost or have had just to much to drink.
Warning - watch where you buy your alcohol. There is a lot of drink spiking that happens over there so when you are purchasing drinks make sure they are sealed before you buy them. Also make sure you watch your drink at all times.

1 Thank MelaineMorgan

• Turkish first
New Delhi, India
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Not everyone's cup of tea”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited in September 2013 as a couple. We paid a 1000 THB per person for the speedboat from Samui to the island and another 100 THB per person for entry. The entire place is like a zoo bursting to its seams with frenzied party people wearing neon paint and drinking alcohol from buckets. The beach has some okay house music playing across various stages and sleeping areas scattered over. There are a few snack bars across the streets as well, but none which we enjoyed. Its something you'd enjoy if your a party freak, but it was definitely not for us!

Dublin,Ireland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Just a Rave on a Beach”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

It was a good night, but I talked to a lot of people that had been there before in years previous and everyone of those people said it use to be so much better. For me it was just another crazy rave on a beach, but I did have a good time. Beware of drugs being dropped into your drink and don't swim in the water.... all the guys go for a piss near the boats.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Trekkieboots
Verbania, Italia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The ultimate party experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

After you arrive in Koh Phangan, you realise it: the whole island is completely dedicated to host a gigantic party. The oldest person person you meet around is 35, every bar sells glowing stuff and buckets of alcohol, and the atmosphere is of thrilled waiting. I came to this party after a lot of dreaming about it, and I have to say it exceeded my expectancies. It was really a great party. 50/50 girls/boys rate, an incredible location (white sandy beach with palms), lots of alcohol - literally buckets of it -, fire shows and great music for all tastes.

This is the last frontier for us crazy party people.

1 Thank Max B
Brighton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Spiked at the Cactus Bar”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We visited Koh Phangan in March 2013. We chose to ignore advice about drinking from buckets. We had a a great evening watching the fire performers on the beach at the Cactus bar. I was busy taking lots of photos of the action & enjoying the evening.
Next thing I was aware of was waking up naked in my hotel room, my shorts were on the floor, soaking wet & covered in sand. I worked out I hadn't been in the sea as they smelt of chlorine. The pockets had been turned out & I was missing my camera & wallet. I turned to see my mate in the bed opposite had been mugged. He was covered in blood, a gash to his head & had a black eye.
Neither of us had a single memory of the evening apart from sitting at the bar at the Cactus bar.
The night porter on duty that evening at the First Western hotel where we were staying, also turned out to be the general manager. He was very helpful, though, said he didn't see either of us return to our rooms & couldn't find anything from the many cameras located around the hotel. We were taken to the local police station to report the incident, they were very nice, took our details & photos, but were unable to give us any documentation of our report of the incident.
Apart from this one incident, we had an amazing time traveling around Thailand. I think the worst part of being drugged & robbed was loosing all the photos we had taken during our travels. I would certainly visit Koh Phangan again, but would not take any valuables out on a night out and DONT DRINK FROM THE BUCKETS!

Visited March 2013