“Touch of Serenity”
Review of Siam House

Siam House
Ranked #53 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The new Dolphin Bar & Cafe has recently moved from its beach location to the village of Thong Nai Pan Yai... With a 2 story building constructed of recycled wood,bamboo and small salas you can easily lounge back and relax for breakfast,lunch,dinner & evenings with a cocktail ..Serving real coffee and healthy food with fresh vege juices and sweet treats. Tuesday,Friday and Sunday nights is the terracotta pork rib,chicken & duck night ...marinated pork ribs smoked and baked in terracotta pots,potato salad and garden salad with magical lighting its a night to enjoy..(Not to be mistaken for the Dolphin Bungalows on the beach!!!)
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Well what a lovely feel to this place. Well done Giat and Kim for persevering with your construction. We thoroughly loved this place for breakfast or for the outstanding Tuesday night BBQ. Really enjoyed talking with Giat about his cooking and the construction of this place. We will be back in June next year. Karl, Dale Liam and Rubi from Australia.

1  Thank Karl S
There are newer reviews for Siam House

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This bar is a 'must visit' if you ever travel to Koh Phangnan. It is simply enchanting and magical and run by the loveliest of people. The new Dolphin bar and cafe, is nestled behind the Dreamland Resort, in the most atmospheric of locations. The owners Kim and Giat, have a superb talent for creating a magical atmosphere. Anyone who knows this area will remember they used to run the Dolphin further down the beach, which when under their management was delightful, but now they are no longer involved in that one it has lost its way. BUT their new Dolphin has all the splendour if not more than the old one. Go and have cocktails, nibbles and soak up the warm summer evenings around the lily pond. We loved it and will definitely return.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Dolphin Bar & Cafe was one of my favorite places on the island. It is nestled down a small dirt road and provides its guests with a surprisingly pleasant atmosphere. The owner, Kim, welcomes her guests and makes them feel very at home. The open air seating and view of the lily pond combined with the ornate decorations is exhilarating. The food and drinks are delectable! We visited for breakfast and evening drinks. It was a most relaxing and enjoyable venue. I recommend it to all visitors of the island...you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a Tuesday evening and were invited to join for some BBQ pork and potato salad, mmm the pork smelt amazing!
Sat down and ordered a beer and then we weren't too sure how food ordering went but turned out because its low season they just did the menu until 4:30pm and would bring us pork and potato salad over when some was ready :) they were the tastiest pork ribs! Some on the bone and some not. So so good! And it came with a potato salad (how good can a potato salad be? Very good in this case!) and a mixed fresh salad as well. Along with home-made honey mustard sauce and a tasty BBQey sauce to add as you wish! Perfect meal and just the right amount for 200 baht each. Wanted to try the homemade lemon cheesecake but we were too full!

Came the following day to sample the menu, had the hummus and toasted bread, the pesto pasta and the salmon baguette. All deliciously fresh and homemade and I thought very reasonably priced (90 baht for the pasta, 120 I think for the baguette)

Very lovely setting and the owner and staff are a treat!

Note to find this place, from the beach go behind dreamland bungalows and vear right then walk up towards the main road past the sign for the school and you'll see the lovely wooden build on your left

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I almost didn't find this restaurant. I spent 7 hot and humid days on this beach and exploring to find the elusive restaurant didn't happen. We were staying beside the Dolphin Bar and Grill but I knew from reading online that that wasn't the place I was looking for and I'm glad I avoided it...
On my last day I took a different path to the street which runs parallel to the beach and saw this amazing and eye catching building. I took a photo then saw the sign for Dolphin Bar and Cafe so I hurried in looking for a menu!

I was greeted by Kim (the Aussie) and some really friendly Thai waiters. I decided to take a table upstairs and Kim came and told me that her husband Giat had built the whole place by himself. It is truly fantastic - I came away thinking that I really want to build a treehouse in my garden backhome to replicate some of the laid-back and tasteful atmosphere that I soaked up here!

I had lunch there by myself, quesadillas with mango salsa, guacamole and sour cream. I had an amazing lemon and lime drink with bitters - it was so thirst quenching that I didn't need endless water all day afterwards to cope with the humidity. I also had a lovely cappuccino after the lunch which is simply the best on the beach. It was creamy and strong but not overl-bitter like most of the coffee I had in Thailand.

When I told my partner I had finally found the cafe, we went for dinner there that evening. It looked pretty great at night, all the lanterns, lights, the lotus pond... Giat was in charge of the pork bbq ribs which were being cooked in banana leaves in a terracotta pot (apparently a Tuesday night affair?). We ordered this plus salad - we got potato salad, leaves and we also got more of the lemon bitters drink. We were so glad to take a break from Thai food for one day, my body was thankful for it!

We got desserts too which were all homemade, generous portions. The music was cool and chilled, the areas to eat are very relaxing. I don't know what more you need for the perfect evening on Thong Nai Pan Yai...