“Perfect!!”

Phangan Muay Thai and Fitness Gym
Ranked #29 of 74 things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
More attraction details
Owner description: Koh Phangan Muay Thai & Fitness Gym is located on the beautiful tropical island of Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand. It's the first Muay Thai Gym in Koh Phangan and has been around for over 15 years teaching Thai Boxing to both Thais and foreigners of all levels.The gym is in the vibrant town of Thongsala with many beautiful resorts and bungalows close by and a wide variety of shops and restaurants as well as the local night market.The camp offers professional muay thai training from their highly experienced and qualified instructors for all age groups ranging from beginners to professionals. They have both Thai and western fighters training year round and veteran trainers who offer a more personalized approach to its students and clients in a family-like atmosphere.The camp makes it a priority to keep the student to trainer ratio low so that each student gets the proper instruction and attention they need and build a bond with the trainers.Get fit, sharpen your self defense skills, have an experience of a life time with a Thai Boxing training holiday in the tropics.The camp also has a fully equipped fitness gym on premises and a fully stocked muay thai shop with dietary supplements.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have trained at quite a few gyms in Thailand and Chorenrit Muay Thai is definitely the best. Whether you just want to do some fitness work and learn some new skills or if you want to train up for a fight, the guys and Sri will help you out.

The trainer to student ration is really good, usually about 1-2 or 1-3, however when it is quiet you will often get one on one. Either way you will get plenty of personalised training over the two hours.

Mot Dang and Rob (the owner) are active fighters which really shows in the way they train you, with an emphasis on the things that are important in fighting, rather than just blasting away on the pads or baqs. Sri is also very helpful with anything you need to know about Phangan, as well as training the kids and girls who prefer a female trainer.

On my recent trip in November this year, three of the guys from the gym were fighting on the one card. All the rest of us made a night out of it and roared off on our hired motos to have a great night cheering our three guys on (they all won!).

Another thing is that Ko Phangan is a great place to stay for a beach holiday. Personally I avoid the Full Moon Party, but there is plenty of other stuff to do. The beaches are as good as anywhere, restaurants are great and you can pick and choose as to how busy or quiet you want your resort/bungalow to be. I take my family there each year and we all have a great time as I train, my wife dives and my daughter hangs out in the resort pool with the other kids.

See you there soon!

Gavin

1  Thank Gavshellmia
Rob M, Manager at Phangan Muay Thai and Fitness Gym, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you Gavin for the wonderful and informative review. Can't wait to see you again at the gym. Take Care

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Me and my Brother spent a week training Muay Thai at this gym. We had no prior experience and unsure what we were getting in too. Through a recommendation from someone else, we decided to train at this gym.

It was a super genuine experience. The training was tough, but only as a tough as you want it to be. In other words, the trainers will push you as hard as you want to be pushed. The trainers were knowledgable and friendly.

We did the week long course for 2 times a day. The price was very reasonable compared to other gyms we checked. If I plan to train again in Muay Thai, this will definitely be my first choice.

1  Thank sjennallison
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had an amazing week with the folks at Chorenrit Muay Thai. I went to bed every night feeling exhausted and accomplished. The training staff are very experienced and can work with fighters at any level. If I come back to Koh Phangan I would love to further my training here. Thank you very much for the great experience!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've been to chorenrit camp 1 day but what an excellent place to train and discover muay thai ! The trainers all ares really patient and gives excellent teaching.The atmosphere is really friendly and definitly accessible for anybody who would like to try it. It is a excellent place for both professional and beginners. And you get different teaching from rob, mo dang, aun and more so really complete! Can't wait to to go back there again !!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Gym is located close to tesco lotus in tong sala, on main road easy to find.
Rob, Mot and Aun are great guys and very good trainers and Srie is great cook as well :)
Atmosphere is great and guys know how to motivates you
Definitely I will recommend Chorenrit Muay Thai.
Hope i will back there asap!