Cosy Bungalows
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
B 52 Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
V-View Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
Milky Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Baan Manali Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Beck's Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
All reviewskoh phanganfull moon partystayed here for two nightstaxiislandvibesparties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hmm so everyone else seems to think this place not so good. I was really worried after I got stung in Bangkok (i was a mug can't blame the hotel for that, they much cheaper if you go through them direct) When we arrived we called and were picked up from the pier. The receptionist was very friendly and advised of a passport or 2000 bhat deposit (rather steep) I gave my passport. We were then shown to our AC Bungalow which ok didn't have a door on the bathroom but was at the back of the bungalow with a wall to divide the rooms. There was a TV with various channels in a few different languages to suit different guests. Yesthe bed was hard but it's budget accommodation. They served food which up until 9pm and the staff were always helpful. I had a Mosquito bite and didn't even ask but as a member of staff noticed they offered to spray the room for me(top service). Half moon party they arranged the taxi to take us and called us when it was time as we were having drinks at the bar. The beach is not for swimming you will need to rent a bike to see some better beaches. I must say the water did smell eggy but that has happened a few places in Thailand. The dogs are friendly and are put to bed after a certain time. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lozg_89
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Okay maybe it's dumb but a very big part if what I look for in lodging is wifi. That's normally included right? Not here... If you want wifi you're gonna have to fork up 100baht for a usernam and password. First time that has ever happened to me. It's log in by browser too not password protected so it's mediocre at best. Location is okay but at a price. I, too booked through an agency in Bkk and am stuck with them. I would absolutely not recommend this place and if you book in Bkk and see this place make them change in (find a good one). Hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Thatoneguy6
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked this through TAT up in Bangkok. That was a mistake, we were ripped off during our entire southern trip. NEVER go to a tourist information place, alwayss a scam!! The rooms are very basic, hard beds, no soap is given for the sink, which is common in thailand. The water in the bathroom smells like sewage, which makes the whole room smell like poop, so gross. We were right next to the boxing ring, which blasts horrible, top 40 music starting at 4pm all the way until 11pm! it sounded like a nightclub in our room, blasting bass. We were so hungover from full moon and wanted to sleep through the day, not an option at all. So crappy. We asked to change rooms, the other room available looked like it was out of the movie saw. so we packed up and went to another place, Rainbow bungalows are amazing, beautiful, quite! go there. Of course we were still paying for cozy because of TAT. Don't waste your time. There are a bunch of other nice places. This place ruined our trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunshinedaydream22
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I also booked this accommodation through ITAT, Bangkok when on holiday with a friend. It was sold to us as a 5* property, we were completely ripped off throughout our trip because of this booking agent and it ruined our holiday.

Cosy Bungalow was so inadequate that we actually had to book separate accommodation to stay in, without getting a penny back from Cosy.

When we arrived at Cosy Bungalows it was literally a different property to the brochure that we had been given. There was a boxing ring at the front of the venue and lots of building work everywhere, as well as there being no beach. As we walked up to the reception (located at the back of the main building, with no signs) we were barked at by several large dogs that were laying about. I am a huge animal lover, but having about 5-6 dogs barking at you is not a nice way to be welcomed to a "5* hotel" and was actually quite intimidating.

When we got to the reception, which was where the bar and restaurant were (all outdoors with some wood and tarpaulin roofing... really luxurious), we were standing around while the staff literally lay on the floor and in hammocks. The reception staff were very nice when they actually got round to speaking to us but I had to give them my passport for the duration of our stay, which I found very strange and was not very happy about for security reasons.

When we were led to our hut, it was fine(ish) at first viewing, but by no means luxury, 2 beds on a slab of concrete and a bathroom which stank. As we started to use the room, we realised it was missing lots of basic things, for example a fridge and coat hangers. Drinks were quite expensive from the bar so this started to add up quickly.

Later on we had dinner at the hotel, it was revolting. My friend’s dinner was just as bad and the service was unfriendly and rude. As we were eating, dogs were trying to climb onto our small table to eat our food, the staff did nothing to stop them.

We stayed there for another 2 days, over this time we were treated very badly by the staff who seemed to find guests a real inconvenience, and on top of this they used all the guest hammocks and the pool table. So guests had nowhere to lounge around, as the staff were using all the seating and the pool table was the only form of entertainment at the resort. There was no pool, no beach although there was a beach advertised to be there which actually ended up being a gravel track next to a sheer drop to the sea. Luckily we were able to pay at other hotels to use their pools. Thankfully we had no small children to fall over the edge.

When we told them we were leaving early due to it being completely falsely advertised, unclean, dog infested and the staff not being friendly, the staff then started to mock my English accent to my face. Obviously, after all of the above, I did not take this well and had a full argument with the staff – who then decided they did not speak English. Several members of staff stood together jeering at my friend and me as we left.

I literally hate this dump and it’s staff.

Please see the photos I have uploaded too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica K
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

It's a decent budget option. Its a nice walk from everything (10 to 15 mins) and scooters are available for rent for longer trips. They're located right on the beach which is nice for a basic place. The internet is terrible. I wasnt able to use it to even book plane tickets. Needs improvement. They have different sized bungalows available. The rooms are bare as they come. My washroom smelled of sewage which eventually filled the whole bungalow. The beds are fine, the usual Thailand comfort level. The linens were stained with mystery spots which is off putting. Some positive notes: the restaurant located off the beach has great food especially breakfast. There are large lounge pillows and hammocks available. The view is gorgeous.

• Stayed: April 2013