“The highlight of my Thailand trip”

Kobra Muay Thai Boxing Stadium
Ranked #15 of 74 things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed May 2, 2013

First of all: Training and spending time at Kobra was one of the best experiences of my life! ! !

My original plan was to stay at Kho Phagnan for 3 days - in the end I stayed and trained there for 10 days until the end of my holiday.

I discovered Kobra because a friend had recommended me the adjacent hostel Ringside. There I heard about the gym and spontaneously went there for a training session. That is one thing I loved - you can just pop in and have a look, no pressure, no stress, it's always sabai sabai (Thai for "relaxed"). I had never done any kind of martial arts sport before, but even as an absolute beginner I enjoyed training immediately.

You mainly train one-on-one with a trainer, they are all professional fighters and excellent teachers, and most importantly they are genuinely happy, friendly and patient. One session is about 2 hrs, other than one-on-one training with pads there are also cardio and strength exercises. It's an excellent workout and everyone can go as hard or light as it suits their fun and fitness level. Not to mention the excellent value for money.

Therefore, GO GO GO - no need to plan far ahead, if you like it (and I'm sure you will LOVE it) then you can plan further training spontaneously.

Sabai sabai

P.S. If you can, try and visit a fight night - amazing to see them in action.

kobragym, Owner at Kobra Muay Thai Boxing Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

thank you daniella .for wrote me good review
we all miss you smile everyday too
kay wait to cook for basil tuna
kobra and team

Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you want most of your Muay Thai training then train at Kobra Muay Thai. Beside learning self defend, discipline and respect, you get treated like a family at this gym.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Driving past in a cab saw what looked like a muay thai gym on the beach! I came back a week later with a couple other travellers to check this place out. Well it’s not on the beach but it’s very close. Me and the guys did a training session here and went back to our resort (in Haad Yuan). It was so good that two of us traded in drinking on the beach for full time muay thai. Our other friend joined us a week later. Training was fun and set at a good pace. The trainers here were the best around and really cared about muay thai and their students. I became quite close with the owners and trainers and it seems a lot of other students did as well. After losing a fair bit of weight I decided I would have a fight! This was a bit of a challenge since I had never fought before. The trainings were stepped up for me a little bit and the fight went well! Only hurt my face a little and I won the match. I ended up losing 7kg's in total and was pretty happy with this. The guys that operate and work this gym are among some of the most honest people I have met travelling. I’m going back as soon as I can. I recommend this place I you want to train muay thai, relax, but also get amongst the parties! I stayed at this cool place called Chokana resort that was sort of behind the gym on the beach, it was awesome but very low key. I will rent a house nearby instead next time as the gym can sometimes arrange one for you and it works out much cheaper.

kobragym, Owner at Kobra Muay Thai Boxing Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

thank you armin to wrote me review. if it true it mean we do good job ///and i will do it and never change .muaythai also change my life too .i love muaythai love to teach and love you too
kobra team

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Before going to Thailand I would have never thought of trying or training in the lethal art of Muay thai! I fell in love with the island so decided to stay for a while! On a run one evening I ran past the gym where Kob was outside.. I started talking to him and went down the gym the next day to see what it was about! Kob was very approachable and welcomed me in :)! I love my fitness and I'm a keen footballer. After missing pre-season at home I thought no better way to try and stay in shape whilst being away than down a Muay thai gym! This was perfect! Intense workout is an understatement; Kob and the other trainers were always keen to push you to your limits which is exactly what I was looking for!! No matter the level of fitness/ability they would be able to teach and train you to the highest standard! I was beginner, as I had not had any fighting experience. However, I was keen to work hard and learn technique!

Travelling with the team on fight nights too was a great experience. The trainers here were great fighters and good role models!

After training at the gym for about 2 months the Kobra team were not just my trainers but great friends! I would like to thank Kob, Sak, Nat, Mouy and the Kobra family for welcoming me in!! I would recommend this gym to anyone and I certainly will be returning this year :)!

Also, the Kobra restaurant done great food!!!! Definitely worth a trip there too!

1  Thank dannyv1892
kobragym, Owner at Kobra Muay Thai Boxing Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

thank you dan for wrote me review ...we miss you already and wait for you came back soon
we will keep in touch
regard
kob and team

Reviewed April 10, 2013

It's hard to describe Kobra Muay Thai in words, u really have to go there to experience it. I first visited Kobra 3 years ago with the idea that I wanted to try and learn Muay Thai for fun and fitness, after my first training session I felt at home.......i have been coming back regularly ever since and now fight for the gym. The Kobra family are amazing as are the fighters/ trainers. The master, Kob is an exceptional teacher and on top of his Muay Thai skills is just an all round decent guy. There are also 2 to 3 other trainers who as well as teach students fight for the gym on a regular basis, they are very high quality fighters and awesome trainers. Kobra is not just a gym it is a family and once u train there u become part of that family, wether u are just training for fun or training to fight. I seriously recommend this place, it is definitely one of the best gyms in Thailand and the fact that it is in Koh phangan makes it even better!!!

1  Thank Mutaimonkey
kobragym, Owner at Kobra Muay Thai Boxing Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

thank you matt for good review ..hope to see you again very soon