Review Highlights
Tantra Course for Beginners

Ask for Yogita; very tolerant, well paced course for the beginner. One consideration is no air... read more

Reviewed March 13, 2020
Sojourn24229
Hong Kong, China
One of the oldest, biggest and probably the best school of yoga in Koh Phangan

One of the oldest, biggest and probably the best school of yoga in Ko Phangan. I returned after 8... read more

Reviewed February 18, 2020
gburcus
Montreal, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Ko Pha Ngan
from $17.71
from $61.40
from $67.12
More Info
All reviews life changing experience swami vivekananda daily life met amazing people deeper understanding teacher training koh phangan teachings asana tantra lecture practice yoga courses school knowledge science
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have done the level one and two in agama, and I found it very inspiring. The yoga part was very good for my body and mind, and the lectures helped me to undertsand many imporatant things about myself and this life. What I didn't like too much about agama was that the tantra part of the school is very dominant in the community. Not so much in the teaching, but in the way people interact with each other. Lots of open relationships and lots of broken hearts. I'd like to see the spiritual part be more in focus than the sexual part, because to me that was just a bit confusing. Also I got the feeling that if you stay too long, you might get a bit brainwashed. This can be a god thing and it can be a bad thing, it depends on how you navigate in it. Some brains probably needs to be washed ;-)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
20  Thank LouiseBaltzer
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Here I had my first Yoga classes, taking First Intensive Course and Level 2 (2 months). It was an excellent life experience!! First level is a great opportunity to gain serious and valuable Yoga insides, starting from zero or even with some experience. Theory (maybe too much) and practice are covered. Topics are explained in a clear organized lean way, with enthusiasm and humor. The environment is pleasant, the fee is cheap. I met great unconventional people form all around the world, interested in spirituality and personal development. I felt welcome. Around the small village where the school is, there're plenty of other yoga-related activities that made the village a nice environment.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
6  Thank Marco M
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had practice yoga many places and years already but didn't find anywhere better than Agama yet. I would recommend everyone to try for at least one month. My first week in Agama is already was so powerful so it changed my whole life and the way I see things forever so I keep going on doing yoga here because I become os much healthier and happier. Also they have many great workshop :)
Good energy around this place. I have got many good friends from this lovely community.
Agama Yoga is like a magic school for me.

5  Thank NabiTang
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I participated in the Level One course and loved it. 4 hours of Yoga 6 days a week and 2 hours of lecture on a variety of topics ranging from diet to philosophy to practice. Tremendous value for the cost. Know that this is definitely a spiritually based practice, not religious, and they're not trying to convert or sell you anything, but it is based in a particular perspective that I found interesting and engaging. The style is to hold certain poses (asanas) for longer periods of time while focusing upon a particular energy center (chakra) that is activated by the pose. Many of the poses and practices are aimed at sublimating or bringing up the energy from lower centers and expressions to higher centers and expressions. While not the focus of the yoga courses (one lecture on the subject), they also offer Tantric workshops and have a particular take on sexuality that I found uplifting. Exercises in the first course ranged from Hatha yoga to Nidra Yoga, Laya Yoga, and concentration exercises. You leave with a solid foundation for continuing your own practice and growth. The instructors are all very knowledgeable, supportive, and professional. If you are looking for a holistic and spiritual approach to Yoga in your life, this is a great place to find that.

9  Thank coyotegrrlphd
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I took this 10 day Hridaya Meditation Retreat in Summer 2012. 5 hr/day yoga, 5 hrs/day of formal meditation, 10 days of listening to wisdom, no speaking, no eye contact, no shopping, no decisions, only meditation, yoga, stretching and silence. Awesome food services with preset vegetarian menu. I rented a pink bicycle from them (1$/day) and rode every day to my retreat. I love it. You can do this with others but must not communicate with them AT ALL for 10 days. Best to go solo.

Date of experience: July 2012