“An unforgettable new year!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Ling Sabai Bungalows
Kent, United Kingdom
“An unforgettable new year!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here over new year and had the best time ever. Our bungalow was comfortable and peaceful with amazing sea views. Joe and the staff were so helpful and nothing was too much to ask. I would recommend this place if you're looking for somewhere affordable and amazing and I would definitely come back and visit again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 12, 2013

You'll enjoy this place if you like
- dirt
- cold shower whereas they paid for hot water
- stinky and dirty towels/sheets
- paying for drinkable water (I know water is very cheap, this is not the problem, but I expect to have at least 1 bottle in the room when I check in at 10pm, like in all other places I stayed at in Thailand, it's so cheap that if they are stingy they should increase the price of the room and include one bottle (5 cents))
- not having ANYTHING to hang clothes, not even in the bathroom, nothing to even hang your wet towels. Not even a chair, we had to use the curtain rods and the bed canopy...
- walking miles to reach the beach or a store
- being seen from outside since curtains don't cover windows well
- no Wifi signal whereas it is said to have Wifi (when it rains all day long you don't have much to do)
- asking for toilet paper in the middle of the night because they didn't put any roll in your room

The owners seem nice but I guess they don't know much about hosting non-cavemen.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JohnSmithTraveler
Joe L, Owner at Ling Sabai Bungalows, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear guest, we're sorry to hear about your griev and the bad time you had during your holiday.

We fully understand that after a horrible journey, bad weather and huge delays, people will not be happy with anything - but, the weather, the delay in your journey, your late arrival and your general happiness is beyond our control.

All our newly build premium bungalows (July 2012) come with fan, mosquito net, privat toilet, hot water, desk, chair, small shelf, hammok, candels, free wifi, ketle, cups, free tea/coffe, toiletries and fresh roll of toilet paper but of course, wifi, fan, ketle and hot water don't work when there is a power cut. If you would have talked to us we sure would have offered you a partial refund. The bad weather and power outing during your stay lasted over three days and affected all three islands (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao). If that affected the quality of your stay, you should complain to the relevant authorities.

We clean our bungalows as soon as guests check out and again before guests check in. All our sheets and towels are new and are washed as soon people check out and should you want to have them changed during your stay, just ask and we'll change them asap for you. As our advertising sais, we are a backpackers hostel, not a five star resort and so do not provide room service nor will we know at your room to check if you used up all of the toilet paper.

I suppose due to the heavy rain you have not ventured to the convinience store, internet coffe or ATM which is located 64 meters (2 minutes) from our resort. Suppose due to your hasty check-out you have not been down Haad Yao Beach (138 meters away) or to the 7/11, ATM, Pharmacy, Souvenir Shop, Pizza Stand which are 572 meters away otherwise you would not state that it's miles away (Tracked and logged by GPS)

Just as it sais in our reception; We are not perfect and if there is anything you need, if there is anything missing, if we can help you in any way, just talk to us and we will try what ever is within our power to make you happy.

We feel your reference to our past, existing and future guests as "cave men" is pretty much insulting them, to accuse that our reviews are fake is highly offensive.Tripadvisor has very clear rules on reviews and I'm pretty sure, if they woud be fake, the people at Tripadvisor would have removed them all already.

Wish you better luck and more happiness during your next holiday,
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at Ling Sabai after reading some of the other reviews, we wanted something cheap and a bit further away from the full moon party madness and this was the perfect place!! Joe the owner is such a lovley, friendly hospitable person and made us feel SO welcome.

Our bungalow was beautiful, overlooking the ocean and the bathroom was huge.
The food was amazing and by far the best Pad Thai we had in all of Thailand (i'm not kidding), we extended our stay by four days we enjoyed it so much - I cant reccomend this place enough - ticks all the boxes if you are looking to stay somewhere on a budget, but still want million dollar views and awesome food. The restaurant was also a very social little place if you are travelling alone.

We will be back to Ling Sabai!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in a superior bungalow which was a good size with a four-poster bed & a large bathroom. We had a lovely sea view & a big balcony with a hammock (the string broke unfortunately, which we reported to reception but wasn't fixed), table & stools. We enjoyed our 5 night stay, had a very relaxing time! we booked through HostelBookers - this is classed as more of a hostel which I guess is why the bungalow wasn't cleaned during our stay, not a problem as we could just ask for more toilet roll & take our rubbish up to reception. The staff were friendly & run a taxi service if you need it. There is a nice beach close by and a few shops & restaurants within walking distance. We hired a moped through Ling Sabai (only 200 baht a day) to explore the island more, although the roads have been damaged by rain & are quite steep - but it was our first time on a moped & we had no problems

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paderborn, Germany
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been to Koh Phangan seven times now, and every trip has been about the same, until my stay at Ling Sabai Bungalows. This small set of bungalows by northern edge of the beautiful beach of Haad Yao, has amazing views, excellent\new bungalows, excellent internet connectivity, and a staff that is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you have the best stay possible. For me, it was like a second home, except I had a staff to cater to my every need. If you feel like exploring the island or doing something fun, the very small and very friendly staff can arrange for that. If you have a hangover from the full moon party, the staff is even willing to go get you a pack of cigarettes in the rain because it is too hard\painful to pull yourself away from the bungalow's meeting point and restaurant. I would recommend this bungalow to anyone who wants good facilities, good views, and good people that will take excellent care of you during your stay on the island. I will definitely be back!!! Thanks to Joe, Pam, and Chet for making this my best stay on Koh Phangan yet!!!

Room Tip: All bungalows have an amazing view, but the best views have to be in the two premium bungalows.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Thanks to Joe, I felt more at home at Ling Sabai than at any other place during my trip. He goes above and beyond to offer you anything he can to make your life easier. I give this bungalow resort the highest of recommendations and I sincerely hope that I'm able to make it back there one day.

I opted for the budget bungalow, though I still had a beautiful view of the sea and plenty of space in my room. The bungalow was very underpriced for what I received! The food is delicious!!! Pam is an incredible cook, to say the least. The location was great for me as I could relax on Haad Yao beach during the day and then share a taxi to Haad rin at night for the party. Ling Sabai is quite secluded, so you can really relax and enjoy your day while you're there. You could easily spend the whole day in the restaurant, hanging out with Joe, as he gives great advice on where to go (in all of southeast asia - not just koh phangan).

I can give enough praise to the way business is done at Ling Sabai... Very privileged to have spent 4 nights there, and wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and opt for a bungalow with a full bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jaclyn C
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I could go on for ages about Joe, Pam and the wonderful Ling Sabai bungalows but could sum it up with the highest recommendation possible: they made me feel so welcome and comfortable it felt like my second home! So where to begin....

The huts are brand new, clean, modern, well decked out and with stunning views
The resort is pretty and has lovely gardens that have been planted and looked after by Pam
The location is good as its near town, the beach, with easy access to the rest of the island
The food is some of the best thai food I have ever eaten - Pam is a true culinary genius!!
They will pick you up and drop you off at the port - very handy indeed
The prices are also extremely reasonable
They look after you very very well and make you feel right at home, and I suppose that sums it up for me - I didnt feel like i was staying at a resort but with a family

Ling Sabai is truly a very special place: Thank you Joe and Pam!

Room Tip: Just ask Joe!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple