“Top hostel in Haad Rin for full moon!”
Review of Jaya Hostel

Jaya Hostel
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Jaya's is a massive hostel in Haad Rin with private rooms & dorms, spanning its own little block, a couple minutes walk away from the beach. I have stayed here for two full moon parties and it's just a great party hostel, very social and lively, with a fantastic friendly staff! They all remembered me when I came back for the second time a couple months later! The dorms are a good value & have functional aircon. The beds are quite hard - oh well -people are usually too passed out to care about that!! There's a big bar/restaurant/social area where you can chill & meet people and there are street parties every night around full moon! Highly recommended overall!

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Jaya Hostel

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a private double in Jaya's for july's full moon party. Our room was v v cheap, about £5 each per night (booked 2 weeks before arrival). Some friends we met were paying a lot more for the crowded mixed dorms. Our room was fan only and we wished we had gone for air con. The shared showers were cold but v refreshing! There is a great social area with a pool table, bar etc where we met many friends. Overall a great place to stay during full moon.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Jaya was overall good, we made some top m8s fo lyf there facilitated by the pool table area and cheap big changs. Jaya is split between the main restaurant/bar/rooms complex and another dorms building just round the corner with jaya liquor store opposite which sells very cheap drinks. This road also seems to have its own little street party every night which is fun. Jaya itself was reeeasonably clean, I think we were in one of the older rooms with just a fan which couldn't keep us cool so I fully recommend air con, but we went into an air con room with en suite and it was really nice. Only bad thing was that the management were realllllly slow, we arrived 7.30am and had to wait til 1pm to check in, and the night before leaving at 7.30am they said that we wouldn't be able to get our deposit back that early because the office opened at 9 but someone came down anyway in the morning so don't know what happened there but worked out in the end. Overall good value for ya moolah.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We arrived in Koh Phangan and hadn't booked anywhere, looked around everywhere luckily found Jaya, The price was brilliant me and my friend paid less for a private twin room than it was anywhere for a dorm room. There's a great atmosphere, was great to sit and have some drinks before you go out. All the staff were friendly. It had everything you needed, internet, lockers, food, bar. Its in a great location just near all the restaurants and 5 minute walk to the beach so was nice and quite. It was that good we decided to stay a week!! We didn't have one complaint. If I go back will defiantly be staying there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The first time I visited Koh Phangan was WAY back in 2001. I met the owner of Jaya (she owned a different property back then) and let me say that she knows Koh Phangan and the surrounding islands like nobody else. She and her staff always helped us with arrangements, activities, advice on what to do and not do, where to be careful etc... Now when I go back I always stay at her property 'cause she's got years of experience running a great Haad Rin experience. Clean, safe, reasonably priced (a good value), close to the action, but not too close so that you can't go to sleep at night if you want to. Super helpful staff, plus spa services to boot. You can't go wrong staying here and trust me, I've been to many a full moon parties. Wish I was there now!

Room Tip: Make sure you know what type of room you're getting so your expectations of room share are appro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ChauAndKevin
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Jaya Hostel is the perfect place for people who want to meet fellow solo travellers, yet enjoy some privacy when it comes to the room. As far as aI know, there are no dorm rooms, but the double rooms (many have an ensuite bathroom) are not expensive (around 400 baht/night) and the vibe is the best at this place!
I arrived by myself on the day of the halfmoon festival (which I would always prefer to the fullmoon, btw) and walked around had rin for quite some time; some guesthouses are cheaper, but the rooms smell awful or they are far out or you feel like sleeping in a shoe-box. Jaya is on the sunset side of had rin, but a small street connects it to sunrise side (where all the party happens), it's only a three minute walk.
The common area is very relaxing, just look out over the small lake, have a cool beer or some really delicious thai food (or even pizza). Staff is really nice and helpful, you can get everything arranged by them, and there is internet.
I've been to Had Rin several times but this was definitely the best place I stayed at.

Room Tip: The ones overlooking the lake are definitely nicer, but some of those don't have their own bathr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked this hostel months before the full moon as we know how busy it can get! We paid a fair amount for the room but you will pay more than anywhere else, especially during the full moon party. To say the room was good would be a lie however we had lockers in reception for valuables, it was a great place to meet people, the location was brilliant and it was really good fun! Yes, so the door didn't close, let alone lock (and sometimes we couldn't get out!) and the ceiling was leaking but once you've travelled for a bit you don't mind as much. We had aircon in the room, a warm shower and the staff were really helpful. The food in the bar is pretty bad though & quite expensive so I'd personally steer clear - go nearer the beach and get some cheap Thai food, it's so much better! Overall though we had a brilliant time, we didn't feel unsafe at any point and we got what we paid for in comparison to other people (who paid more and got robbed during the parties). Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends