“Changed my life”
Review of Dreamland Diver

Dreamland Diver
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was not too sure at first if I wanted to dive, mainly due to nerves and taking 3 days out of what would normally be a lazy holiday. After being convinced by my wife, I met the dive team and our teacher dirk and had our first session in a pool. Dirk is an amazing teacher, he is very patient and went through in detail about the whole process. On the second day, we went for our first dive. I was very nervous trying to remember everything and after over complicating things in my head I found the first session hard. But dirk kept working with me and on the third dive EVERYTHING made sense. Dirk taught me that diving is all about meditation and this has changed how I will now approach all areas of my life. The 4th dive was almost an out of body experience of which I will never forget. 40 mins of complete underwater meditation and a oneness with nature. On the flight home from bangkok I had a terrible 4 hours of turbulence, and for 4 hours I applied what I learnt in the water which has now transformed me from a terrible nervous flyer, and someone who generally worries about many aspects of life , into a calm person who now has a new perspective on things. I can not thank them enough for all their help and and counting down the days to see them again and dive another time . Thank you all, especially dirk for not only showing me a new underwater world but also a new way of thinking.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"teacher"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spend a day diving with Dreamland Diver. Our guide Sophie was very professional and super fun to dive with! Despite my tremendous fear, Sophie was able to calm me down providing the best care you would expect from the instructor. After I finally felt comfortable under the water, we spent almost an hour at the Sail Rock looking at the amazing fish and other sea animals. The huge eel was especially interesting :)
I think I am getting ready to get my diver certificate!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Spent a day diving with this school. The lady taking the bookings was really helpful, the picked my wife and I up from the Hotel and took us down to the school. Despite some murky conditions we had fun on two dives, the team are very competent and nice and relaxed. The dive boat was great and the equipment excellent. If the wind dies down we are going again tomorrow!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I spent one week on Ko Phangan and decided spontaneously to get our Open Water Diving Certificate. Thomas is a great instructor, where you feel safe at all times! The whole team is very friendly and helpful. The dive groups are kept small up to max. 4 divers per group and guide. The diving equipment is in good condition. The highlight of our trip was the bull sharks we have seen on our dives at Sail Rock. We will definitely come back to dive with Thomas again!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent some days on Ko Phangan and decided to get an Open Water Diving Certificate. We heard about the good reputations of Dreamland Diver at tripadvisor. The price was nearly the same like in Koh Tao. But due to the fact that the divig school is not so big such as other the atmosphere was significant familiar and relaxed. If we are going to visit Koh Phangan next time, we will definitly absolve our fun dives with Thomas again.