“Awesome atmosphere and quality training”
Review of Diamond Muay Thai

Diamond Muay Thai
Ranked #5 of 74 things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
More attraction details
Owner description: Diamond Muay Thai is an authentic Thai boxing camp on the picturesque island of Koh Phangan, south Thailand. Our gym offers outstanding technical Muay Thai training for professional fighters, Muay Thai enthusiasts and tourists alike. We provide intensive Thai boxing instruction whilst maintaining a friendly and open atmosphere. At Diamond Muay Thai we are passionate about Thai boxing and see it as our purpose to share authentic, unfiltered Muay Thai with our students. There are many reasons why visiting the gym is a good idea for you. If you are interested in losing weight, improving your fitness…or if you are travelling through Thailand and are looking to experience another aspect of Thai culture- Diamond Muay Thai welcomes you.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The trainers at the gym are great guys and actually focus on improving technique which many gyms neglect in Thailand. Instead of just holding pads and telling you to hit the bag they'll actually break down your technique and improve. I've been fighting for many years and training for even more, and I was learning something everyday I came in. The owners Mon and Simon are both good guys and very helpful and accommodating. Would definitely recommend it for a beginner or experienced fighter looking for a more relaxed atmosphere than BKK.

Sobaner1, Owner at Diamond Muay Thai, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Hey Sean, thanks for the positive review. Good luck in the next fight and turning pro!!! We'll be watching!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My wife and I spent a month at Diamond, training Muay Thai. Although we didn't stay in the huts on site we met people that did and they said they were perfect for what they needed.
The trainers are great, they absolutely love what they do.
My wife & I were total beginners and my wife wasn't keen on the sparring side but we both loved the rest...
This is probably one of the hardest things we've done, but well worth the aches & pains at the start. The trainers are constantly checking your technique, and improving your skills.
We are just coming to the end of 12 months travelling so we started pretty unfit and finished a month later lean, mean, fighting machines... (Well not quite, but definitely fitter and more toned) and having had an amazing experienced. Something neither of us will forget. Thankyou Simon, Mon & most importantly all the trainers. It wouldn't have been half as much fun without you :)
We would definitely recommend Diamond Muay Thai

Sobaner1, Owner at Diamond Muay Thai, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

We are very happy that you had such a positive experience at Diamond. It's great to hear that we are achieving our goal of providing technical training in an enjoyable atmosphere. I will pass on your best wishes to all the guys and girls here. S

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I trained with Diamond back in June 2013 for 1 month during travels. I was on a 1 month all inclusive package. I achieved my weight loss goals and learnt some great Muay Thai. I now teach English in Thailand and go back whenever I have time off.

I didn't want to fight, however if you do they will get you fight ready. Diamond have a great record for training winning western fighters!

My review I originally wrote was too big to fit into the allocated space, so will try slim it down...

- The trainers are top ranked and know the sport like the back of their hands, legs, elbows and knees
- The gym is great! it is a good size and has all the equipment that you need.
- The huts are great! a very good "brother hood" way of living and training together.
- "Work hard, play harder" - The social is great!

In the words of Shirley Bassey - "Diamonds are forever!" You arrive a customer, but leave a friend. Simon (Co-owner) said to me "you got a home from home...."

Make the right choice, choose Diamond!

Chris "Monty" x

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Though I was beginner for art of Muay Thai and I did a little bit of Kick Boxing before. But the experience I had here for a month was amazing while learning Muay Thai, I can say its not just learning but bringing in the Muay Thai in routine practice as said by Mon the main instructor of the gym. Of course in the beginning I could not manage to bring the right movements but later, it was like I can make right Muay Thai moves without efforts. That is kind of special learning as was filmed like in "Karate Kid". The gang of gym trainers are not just good in Muay Thai, they are also good friends and had a feeling of home with all the people.
Overall Diamond Muay Thai, is not just a place to learn Muay Thai, is also place to make new friends and party together with trainers and the fellow students coming from round the globe.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I trained at Diamond for 3 months in 2013, and it was an awesome experience. I'm still somewhat of a beginner and the head trainer Mon along with Chan and Simon advanced my skill to a whole new level. They are great at making sure you are constantly advancing and doing so with proper technique. Someone was always watching and making corrections if they see me getting sloppy, and I got one on one time with a trainer every day. There were also a lot of advanced people training there for fights and they were great to spar with and learn from. There was never too many people there so I always got the help I needed. It's a Muay Thai camp but it felt like I was part if a family. We ate together, we hung out together, we train together. It was an unforgettable experience and I'll definitely be back. I highly recommend this camp to beginners or experts. You'll get the training you're looking for, and they'll take your game to the next level. Not to mention you're also hanging out on the coolest island in Thailand.