“avoid dishonest”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My daughter spent 2 days in bed with stomach problems after eating here.
Furthermore the friendly face changes very quickly as i found out when bringing a rented bike back. Rented at night {dark} brought back in day. Had to pay 2000 bht because of scatches. No money no passport
Sees tourists as easy money source, no help from police

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This would have to rate amongst the best thai food i have ever had and i've had a few..try the coconut soup with deep fried fish - seriously divine. Lovely family run restaurant and the icing on the cake to a totally decadent week at the buri rasa. Highly recommended.

2  Thank leanne c
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Myself and my husband cannot recommend this place enough, the food, people, massage everything is amazing and we genuinely miss seeing jips little smiling face everyday ! (Not fake like one of the reviewers said further down) Jip couldn't be fake if she tried, she's honest, genuine and as happy as larry !

We were there on honeymoon and jip shop will give us wonderful memories for the rest of our lives.
Oh my god the food is to die for, our first night on Phangan we were so hungry and the food looked so delicious we ordered quite a lot, kip proceeded to tell us that we ordered "tooooooooo muuuuuch" (in my best nip voice) and took it upon herself to cancel some dishes ! We found this very amusing. She was right we were stuffed, the food is presented beautifully and tastes Devine, highly recommend the prawn sticks and duck curry, the cocktails are amazing too.
We found it hard to spend more than £20 inc 4/5 cocktails,beers etc each and at least 3 courses each.

We decided to try out her massage service too, wow massage, reflexology, you name we had it, I am a beauty/ massage therapist of 14 years and this was by far best I have ever experience. I cannot put into words the reflexology I had done by her sister, it's the best treatment all together I've ever had !!

My husband and I saw jip the day she had seen the guys nasty review and to say she was gutted was an understatement, tears, heartbreak and truly confused was how she felt. She explained the hole story to us and we couldn't believe it she was so upset. THis is a woman trying to make a living in a tiny woodshack village, and boy does she do it well.

I would say her motto is to make her customers happy and if that comes across a little much, I'm sure people would find something negative to say if she didn't pay the attention that she does. Jip if your reading this, you win some you lose some.

Just look at the positive reviews as there are only a couple of negative !

Quirkiness is fab, snoopy the bunny, magic the kitten and Jenga love love love

1  Thank Leencass
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at Buri Rasa for 4 days/3 nights and was pleasantly surprised to find a street behind the resort with a variety of local restaurants and shops. We came across Jip on the first night and after having 2 apps and 2 entrees, we couldn't have been happier and content. The dishes were prepared on point and the presentation was modern and aesthetically pleasing (not just dumped on a plate but had various garnish components that went together and were edible). The portions are not "full size" which I actually prefer so I can try different things without getting too full.

There's also so much character in this place. Totally open restaurant, a massage room and gift shop in the back, jewelry for sale in the front as well as a bar. Rabbits and a cat in dresses roaming about and Jenga on every table. Yes, the table cloths haven't been changed for days but who cares, the food is great. Service was top notch as when we went back for the second night, server knew our exact drink order.

Jip herself is a great person and a wonderful host. She's always attentive to her guests and if there's a wait (or if the kitchen is backed up which happened on the 2nd night), she is apologetic. Despite the popularity of Jip Shop, it's still a small local business operating on a remote island so it's not uncommon she runs out of stuff or there is a wait.

Overall, I highly recommend this place for it's great food and service. And it feels good to support a local business hidden among the business of high end resorts.

1  Thank Jason P
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is fantastic. Jip is amazing always there and runs her business very well. The restaurant come massage come car hire everything actually is located in a quaint little village on Koh Phangan.
The food here is excellent and very reasonable. We ate here twice in the week we stayed at Santhiya Resort which is just down the road. Both times we had such an enjoyable experience. Must comment on the Mango desert served in a brown sugar syrup and flamed at the table with sambucca so delicious!
I also had a massage here during the day and I have to say it was one of the best I have had and I have had alot over the 6 years I have been coming to Thailand. Great price also TB300 for one hour.
I do have to mention all the local eating places in this village are excellent but Jip stands out probably because Jip herself is such a character and she makes you want to come back!