“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jip Shop

Jip Shop
Ranked #48 of 355 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Service was second to none, staff very attentive, food excellent.
Would definitely recommend.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Our First Time In Phaghan”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went there on our holiday trip and stay at Anantara Hotel. We was first time in there to take a quiet break from our business. We was been to JiB resterent at second night. Me and my boyfriend we enjoin to have our dinner there ever night since we leave. Jib and her stuff was so kind and nice to talk with. We also take a day trip to look around the beach. We same like family when in her resterent as the way she take care customer with smile. By the way I sit and enjoin my dinner I can see smile and happy time from customer in there as well. I wanted say if you looking for nice food, good price, friendly, and relax. Jib resterent will be other good choice for you to pick. Because me and my boyfriend we looking forward to be there again as soon as we can.. Missing Smile and friendship.. Miss you all.. Be&Bam

“Our favourite place!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to koh phangan on honeymoon. We ended up coming here every day for a massage and food we loved it so much!! Food excellent and staff so friendly they really went out of their way to look after us. Would definitely recommend. Shocked at previous bad reviews on here as we have been so many times and never had bad experience!! Love it!! X

1 Thank Razzle12
Bern, Switzerland
“avoid this place!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you eat here or buy anything here you have to be aware of the fact that you support a vicious person (the owner of this place you will recognize her by her fake smile and behaving). She is a extremly unlikeable person.

We had some really bad experience with the owner! She ripped us off in a really bad way! She let us pay for damage which we didn't cause of a motorcycle we hired from here and kept my passport and blackmailed me that she wont give me my passport back until I payed a ridiculous overpriced amount of several thousand baht for a little scratch which we didnt cause. After we payed because we had no choice (24hours later) she even admitted with a smile in her face that she ripped us off which was obvious to everyone but there is nothing you can do and the police wont help you don't even try.

It's a long story and the situation totally escalated and involved other thai's from the neighborhood. They all wanted to help us because we didn't wanted to pay. It was not a matter of money it was a matter of right or wrong.

This woman is famous in this little place to make troubles and in the neighborhood she is very unpopular. If you speak with other thais there you can feel they have sort of affraid from her and they don't want to get into troubles with her.

NEVER EVER hire a motorcycle there. She will rip you off badly!

you support a very bad person if you eat at this place and I seriously don't exaggerate. Food is anyway veeeeery average and not at all better than every other restaurant at this place.

6 Thank corshizzle
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you want terrible service and food this is the place for you. I witnessed a dish get passed around 3 different tables (being prodded and poked at each) before it eventually got to its rightful owner.

My wife and i ordered beef dishes, however, there was only enough beef for one. Rather than tell us this when we ordered, they gave us two tiny portions which in hindsight was probably a good thing as it was tougher than a leather boot.

A 'restaurant' that also offers massage, gasoline, taxi service, laundry service and who knows what else! Best to avoid.

3 Thank 86_Craig_B