“Yummy”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Came here for lunch - food was delicious, would definitely recommend. We didn't find the service slow like some reviews, but it wasn't very busy when we were there. Owner was friendly and was keen to check everything was ok for us. The satay was really tasty, and the watermelon shakes are refreshing after spending a morning on the beach!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,305)

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We went here last night, it was busy and we were wary due to the last few reviews. After we ordered, there was a bit of time before the food was served, however the food was excellent. The mains turned up just as we were finishing our starter and it very tasty and spicy just as we had asked! Many places we have visited are not putting as much spice in so we had to ask for it "Thai spicy". Yum.

The place is relaxed and at the moment there are two small rabbits. Perfect for us. It was 600thb for a starter two mains, two beers and two Cokes. Bargin!

I think the slow service might be due to processing each cover as one rather than doing starters and coming back to do the main. There may also be one chef. I would recommend this and actually signed up to place this review :)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to Jip Shop for our evening meal.When we got there the restaurant was full so we thought it was a good sign,but little we knew..
We waited 20 minutes for our drinks and were given a game to play while awaiting the food.At that stage we thought it was entertaining and funny, but 1hour and 45 minutes later.... it wasn't funny anymore.The owner came to us a couple of times and said that our dishes were delayed because they were BBQ ( ??!!), how long does it take to grill some fish and seafood ( his dish) and some chicken ( my dish).
We never complained , just waited. TWO HOURS in the restaurant and they served my husband's order , at that stage he had to share his food, as I was starving..i'm afraid it was below average, fish was ok, but the squid was chewy and not grilled properly ( after 2 hours?).We finished his plate and no signs of mine...therefore I can't review the chicken! So we decided it was time to pay the bill and go to bed. The owner seemed a bit surprised and annoyed that I was not going to wait for my food, she explained that my plate was given to another table , that's why it was taking so long. This seemed another very poor excuse for the long delay but NO apologies.
We noticed that there was a delay for everybody at the restaurant, with people getting uncomfortable on those chairs for so long.
I was not expecting 5 star treatment but 2 hours and NO FOOD! I think it was unacceptable and not even a sorry was bordering on arrogance. If they need more people to deal with the kitchen they should do this asap, otherwise they will lose more customers, as there are many other local restaurants with a more professional attitude and better food.The low price is not an excuse for this poor service.
We had better food and faster service from the lady (try the delicious curry ) across the road from Jip Shop, from Bamboo Hut ( great fried rice) , from Handsome burgers ( best burger!) and from Luna ( delicious food and ambience).
My advice if you don't want to ruin your evening: don't go to Jip Shop.
Don't be fooled by the full restaurant, no one is going to eat within 2 hours.
Don't be fooled by the smile of the owner, she will be rude at the moment you pay your bill.
and if you are given the game... then that's it, GOOD EVENING!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Food was absolutely lovely, service was great and the owner could not have been more friendly! A lovely place to eat, be sure to try the fresh pineapple juice and have a game of Jenga!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We whiled away some hours here - great cocktails, really friendly owner and super cute bunny rabbit we played with for hours ;-) can definitely recommend!