“The Big Lazy is where you relax”
Review of Lazy House

Lazy House
San Francisco, California, United States
“The Big Lazy is where you relax”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If your looking for a good place to hang out, enjoy a few cold beers and eat some good food this is the place to go.

Given that Thailand is already pretty laid back, you can really appreciate the relaxed vibe and good music.

Staff are friendly and the food is good and well priced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at Lazy House this full moon (June 2013) and everything was perfect ;-) I booked the dorm bed because I wanted to meet some new friends, the place was buzzing, and I had the best time ever. If you want to go to the full moon party, I recommend this place to everyone. Lazy house staff were so helpful and treated me like family, the rooms were super cool and clean, best of all it was just a brilliant place to party! There was a vodka bucket Included every day and a breakfast at one of their restaurants nearby. Big thanks to lazy house for an excellent time.

Room Tip: The dorms are where you will meet loads of new friends
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My friends and I booked a room for 8 people during the weekend of the Full Moon Party. The Lazy Hostel overcharged us (we each paid approximately $17/night) and crammed us all into a two person bedroom.

Further, the bunk beds were extremely uncomfortable as the mattresses were as thin as paper and they never refilled the toilet paper in the washroom (so we had to buy our own). Finally, the lock on our door didn't work, which we asked them to fix ASAP (and they didn't do) and as a result we had lot of our things stolen on the night of the Full Moon. We spoke with the manager after and he yelled at us and said it wasn't his responsibility. This place has no integrity, terrible service and is overpriced for what it is.

lazyjonHaadRin, Owner at Lazy House, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
You are the same group that has already written a review as seen below and as such you cannot write another .

so i will repeat my response We remember you lot ,

you claim to have had a break in but when i insisted you call the police you did nnot want to !!! and promptly left the hostel , 6 of your group when asked about the "break in " did not know anything about it and told Jay that they had left Ipods and other valuable equipment on their beds over night yet these items were not stolen , that initself sounds odd in the least .

so 6 people left expensive goods out any they were not stolen but yours were . i put it to you that you are a conniving lying cheat who would do anything to get a free stay !!! and possible get a new i pad out of a honest man .

you are the one with no integrity ,
jon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you're after a friendly welcome and great, but relaxed service, Lazy House is spot on. Can't beat the value or the location, so it's a winner. The main hostel is only five minutes from the beach on Haad Rin and the best restaurants are within 50 yards. There's a sister hostel called Shenanigans not far away along the street, which is also good from what I've heard.

If you need any tips, ask Jon the owner - he's a Brit whose been here for (ahem!) more than a couple of years and is happy to help.

(the doctor prescribed relaxation and sun. Bingo!)

Room Tip: Ask to be in Lazy House.
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I cant tell you of how much fun i had there on the fullmoon party and the lead up to it. you had to be there to see it. the staff are very polite and extremely laid back and kept an eye out for problem and exellent security, never a problem as they looked after my laptop when i needed a swim or a good time.
I will definitely come back next year with some friends that need a great holiday they deserve.
Lazy house, what can i say? too groovy to put into words :D

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in several of the dorms in Haad Rin as i go to the party regularly; and i have never felt that i wanted to write a review or recommend a place before - but after staying at the Lazy House for 10 days this trip; i felt i had to thank them for the brilliant service and care i received.

The rooms and beds are all in fantastic condition and everything works properly - a rarity in Haad Rin! The staff were brilliant - i lost my passport and a girl and a guy from Lazy house helped me track it down to a bar i left my wallet in - it took two days but they found it!

As a regular visitor to Haad Rin, i often need to do a bit of business while I am there; the facilities such as internet and general quietness of Lazy House were ideal for me to get a bit of work done in peace and quiet while still having the sociability of staying in a dorm.

So if you are going to Haad Rin, and you want to stay in a really clean, friendly and well run place - head to Lazy House every time - Best Value Dorms in Haad Rin!

Room Tip: All the rooms are new and well kept, they are all really quiet for Haad Rin too.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've travelled around the world and this was by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed with a group of 8 of my friends and we were placed in the micro hostel. I certainly did not have high expectations but the conditions in the room were more terrible and ghetto-like than I ever could have imagined. There was literally no room to move in the room between the beds, the toilet in the bathroom did not flush, we had no sink with running water, and the door to our room didn't lock. The hostel management made no effort to solve the problem, and as expected our room was broken into during the full moon party and things were stolen. I was beyond disgusted with how poorly the manager handled the situation. He made extremely racist generalizations about 'rich western girls'. He blamed the incident on the Thai mainatenance man and forced him to pay for the damage out of his own pocket. The manager told us we were stealing money from someone who only made x amount of money per month. It was a terrible experience and the quality of the room for the amount that we paid was insane.

2 Thank Travelgirl1328
lazyjonHaadRin, Owner at Lazy House, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We remember you lot ,

If there was a breakin why did you all run when i insisted that the police were called ????
You tried to cheat the hostel out of thousands of pounds by lying about a breaking

6 of your group knew nothing of your break in Why is that ????
And you and you 1 friend left in a high speed run when i told you the police were coming !!!

I have handed your passport info to the police myself this has been passed to Immigration officers aswell .
Karma will get you ,have a nice cancer you poisoness minger