“Lazy House - Fantastic”

Lazy House
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
“Lazy House - Fantastic”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in several of the dorms in Haad Rin as i go to the party regularly; and i have never felt that i wanted to write a review or recommend a place before - but after staying at the Lazy House for 10 days this trip; i felt i had to thank them for the brilliant service and care i received.

The rooms and beds are all in fantastic condition and everything works properly - a rarity in Haad Rin! The staff were brilliant - i lost my passport and a girl and a guy from Lazy house helped me track it down to a bar i left my wallet in - it took two days but they found it!

As a regular visitor to Haad Rin, i often need to do a bit of business while I am there; the facilities such as internet and general quietness of Lazy House were ideal for me to get a bit of work done in peace and quiet while still having the sociability of staying in a dorm.

So if you are going to Haad Rin, and you want to stay in a really clean, friendly and well run place - head to Lazy House every time - Best Value Dorms in Haad Rin!

Room Tip: All the rooms are new and well kept, they are all really quiet for Haad Rin too.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've travelled around the world and this was by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I stayed with a group of 8 of my friends and we were placed in the micro hostel. I certainly did not have high expectations but the conditions in the room were more terrible and ghetto-like than I ever could have imagined. There was literally no room to move in the room between the beds, the toilet in the bathroom did not flush, we had no sink with running water, and the door to our room didn't lock. The hostel management made no effort to solve the problem, and as expected our room was broken into during the full moon party and things were stolen. I was beyond disgusted with how poorly the manager handled the situation. He made extremely racist generalizations about 'rich western girls'. He blamed the incident on the Thai mainatenance man and forced him to pay for the damage out of his own pocket. The manager told us we were stealing money from someone who only made x amount of money per month. It was a terrible experience and the quality of the room for the amount that we paid was insane.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travelgirl1328
lazyjonHaadRin, Owner at Lazy House, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We remember you lot ,

If there was a breakin why did you all run when i insisted that the police were called ????
You tried to cheat the hostel out of thousands of pounds by lying about a breaking

6 of your group knew nothing of your break in Why is that ????
And you and you 1 friend left in a high speed run when i told you the police were coming !!!

I have handed your passport info to the police myself this has been passed to Immigration officers aswell .
Karma will get you ,have a nice cancer you poisoness minger
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Best place to stay. End of. The owner (Lazy Jon) is a legend. You'll be treated well. You'll be comfortable and looked after. Jon will bend over backwards to help people, so long as they behave themselves and are respectful. He saved my life back in 2005 when I was sick. Always loved the Lazy House bar and the guesthouse is every bit as chilled and friendly. You'd be foolish to go anywhere else. I rest my case..

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed here 2 times. It's great! Very clean, very safe and comfortable. Only a few minutes walk to the main full moon beach. And still able to have a good night rest without party noise. We looking forward to our third visit! (Also because if the fantastic breakfast at the Lazy House restaurant just around the corner:-))))

• Stayed October 2012
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 31, 2013

what a blinding gaff,why would you stay anywhere else????LOVED IT....stayed for full moon and liked it that much i stayed for 2 weeks after,friendly staff made you feel really welcome,but above all very clean and reasonably priced,without a doubt the BEST place to stay while in haadrin

Room Tip: speak with a guy named jon,he will look after you very well
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at the lazy house hostel for 2 wks on my way through to oz, loved everything about it.Met plenty of people to party with,food was good English brekkie in the mornings,pool at the back if you don't fancy beach, air con in my room which was also comfortable and very clean, staff were so helpful especially the owner Jon he would do anything to make your stay enjoyable as possible. Would defo return on my home bound journey :-)

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in the Lazy house hostel inbetween fullmoon parties and found it to be cheap ,clean and comfortable. my private room had a large plasma tv and a full satellite hook up .there is a plunge pool in the garden at the year of the guesthouse , great if you just cant drag yourself to the beach.
would return .

Room Tip: choose a room that overlooks the garden , its a bit quieter.away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo