“A surprising European treat, not to be missed! ”
Review of Mateo Pizza

Mateo Pizza
Ranked #99 of 420 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open all year
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

French owned/run restaurant serving impeccable, simple Italian cuisine, a must try! A small 30pax restaurant set atop the Haan Chao Phao beach, the lack of ocean view does not detract from the dining experience one bit. The quality and selection of food is second to none; cheeses, cured meats, fresh bread & wine cannot be faulted. The husband and wife duo are friendly, helpful and efficient managing to service a full house, without missing a best! Incredible! For someone who considers herself a 'fussy' eater, I cannot recommend this place enough!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We we were delighted we found Mateo's in Ko Phangan. The pizza, atmosphere and the owners are great. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone visiting. I know we will certainly miss it!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was the best pizza I have had in Thailand. It is thin crust, probably 12" or more in diameter, easy to eat by yourself but definitely a satisfying portion. The crust was really good, slight charring all over, but still soft. Perfectly cooked in my book. I had the Jeff, which had pineapple, mushroom, olive and ham on it. My friend had the Gigi, which had curried chicken, olives and I think something else. Both were amazing, especially with the spicy chili oil drizzled on top. The owners were really friendly and happy people as well. Would definitely recommend if on the island and craving a good pizza!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Pizza is always a tricky meal to review as each individuals preference makes a difference. So I am reviewing based on what I look for on a pizza....thin and crispy crust (not soggy), generous amount of topping and not overly cheesy, tasty and consistency of product on each visit

Mateo pizza's ticks all of these each and every time.

We have tried a few (not all) pizza's on the island and the ones we have tried, Mateo's is definitely on top of the list.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had the opportunity to eat at Mateo Pizza when they oppened 2 years ago, and to be honnest it's so nice to have a traditional tasty pizza after eating Thai for weeks. The owners are more than welcoming, and the place is next to the sea!