“Friendly, good atmosphere, excellent location- perfect!”
Review of Seetanu Bungalows

Seetanu Bungalows
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Friendly, good atmosphere, excellent location- perfect!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We only planned to stay 2 nights but ended up staying nearly 2 weeks- the people are lovely and the bungalow was clean and well situated with a view of the beach.

Everyone was very helpful and made us at home from the beginning, we didn't want to leave and will definitely stay here when we return to Ko Phangan.

Thanks Quenty, Moon and Pol!

Shaun and Rhian xx

Room Tip: Our view near the beach was amazing, and we enjoyed sat on our veranda. Ask the owners and they alwa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As has been said many times already the family who run this place are lovely and there's a good selection of (rather expensive) Belgian beers which make an excellent treat. At 1,200Bt our bungalow was not cheap, but it was spacious, had air-con, hot shower, and a lovely patio in the garden just 30 seconds from the beach. All things considered I am prepared to award it the label "good value for money". The beach itself is very pretty, but I wouldn't say it's the best one on the island (Haad Khuat takes some beating). The sunsets however are stunning. Overall a lovely quiet place to relax away from the more the yobbish elements of the full-moon party crowd.

The restaurant is decent and reasonably priced with a selection of European and Thai food. The Thai food is not entirely authentic - carrots in Guay Dtiao and sweetcorn in Pat Grapow(?) - but is certainly a cut-above the westernised-crap you get in many places on this island / outpost of Europe in the Gulf of Thailand.

The day before we left the resort lost all waterpressure and it wasn't restored by the time we departed which was quite an inconvenience. But after-all this isn't Bangkok and the infrastructure on the island can be a little bit rustic and the management did the best they could by providing each bungalow with a 20 litre barrel of water.

My only real issue was not with the accomodation but with the cost of getting from its location to elsewhere on the island. I live in Chiangmai where 60Bt will get you a Songthaew across the city but here it was 150Bt per person from the pier (about 1500Bt for the driver as it was a full car - a weeks wages for many people!) and 200Bt to Haad Rin for the full moon party. I would have liked to have explored more places on the island but as I think motorcycle travel here is rather dangerous (mainly to the number of kamakaze fa-rang on the roads) the cost was a bit prohibitive on my meagre budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We first discovered Seetanu while walking along the beach. My boyfriend noticed the Delirium beer umbrellas a mile away and wee bee-lined to the restaurant, which has a modern and sleek design and is set in the center of the property. The owners are Belgian and in my nine months of travel (including to Belgium and Holland,) I have yet to find fries as good as Seetanu's.

We regularly ate dinner here and the western and Thai food were equally good, as are the numerous cocktails, milkshakes, and other beverages on the menu. The owners are a couple with two young teenage boys, a dog, and a cat. The boys pitch in taking orders, and the cat will snuggle with your all night.

When I returned to Koh Phagnon after a visa-run to Malaysia, I immediately made my way back to Seetanu to stay for ten days before departing Thailand permanently. My room was small but convenient, had a nice porch with furniture, a huge bathroom, comfortable bed, and a great view of the ocean which was a short walk away.

A friend of mine also stayed at Seetanu and he had a refurbished room (they are in the process of updating all the rooms, so ask for one that is new!) and it hot water, a large mosquito net, and great windows/door that you could securely leave open at night.

Additionally, the grounds are well maintained, pretty, and there are plenty of larger sized bungalows for rent, some of which I believe to be more luxurious than the one person rooms. Although my room is marked solo, I do think this is a romantic getaway location, or an ideal place to stay with friends. It is located just off the main road and close to Agama Yoga, convenient stores, and many delicious restaurants.

I will definitely come back to Seetanu for food and lodging if I return to Thailand.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room as they are undergoing renovations and the new rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank veg-e510
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I spent a little weekend their during my trip on different island. I had rented an Bungalow on koh Tao but needed a little trip to another island and Koh Phangan was a nice island to visit.

Friend of mine told me about Seetanu Bungalows with a quite beach with not so many people and this was the right choice for me since i wanted a relaxing weekend with a low cost budget with an amazing sunset.

The people their are nice friendly, room are clean and of all kinds.
I rented the cheapest on for 4 nights and paid 400 baht a night this low season. It was worth all its money.

Good food also in the restaurant near reception and this to friendly staff cant say more than fantastic.

If i get back to Koh Phangan i will surely stay on Seetanu for this was a fantastic experience.

Greetings from Norway's 2 meter!

Room Tip: Fantastic Bungalows at Beach front with nice sunset and fantastic view over the beach, cost more but...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Stian D
Kapfenberg
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were in March in Thailand, and when we came to Koh Phangan we decided to go to Chao Pao Beach, so we took a taxi to go there. We met Pol from Seetanu and he told us that they have nice bungalows directly on the beach (Thanx Pol!! :). So we decided first to check out another hotel but after that we had a look on Seetanu´s and decided to stay there for a few days. Instead of this few days we stayed there one and a half week! We had one month in Thailand but this nearly two weeks were the best we had. The reason? A lot of simple things. At first the whole family was so nice, friendly, helpful and attempted. The bungalow get cleaned whenever you want. The food in the restaurant was really great, I will never forget "Chocolat fondant" :)) yum, yum... and we had the best red snapper ever!!! A lot of good belgian beers ----) only two words - "Le Chouffe", mmmmh. So we had such a great time there. Few days after leaving we married in a hotel on Koh Samui which we already booked in Austria, but after these days in Seetanu´s we were sad not to get married there because there we simply found friends. But we will come back again, for sure!!!

So dear Quentin, Moon, Sylvain, Clement and last but not least Pol, thank you for making our holiday unforgetable and we wish you all the best and hope we will see again soon...... hope you guys get our package with the CD´s? So perhaps sometimes Tschebberwooky is singing at your place! :)

See you!!

Peter & Kerstin from Austria

PS: Sorry for being so late with our review!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kerstin M
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife & i were in late march there, we were staying at beach bungalow, it was great, everything, from sunset to nice, like family gesture of owners :-) , good food, gaeco singings in the evening, clean, long beach where you can spend whole day...hope to get back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rastkons
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've spent almost a month in Seetanu bungalows (on 2 occasions actualy )during my 5 months stay in Thailand.After traveling the whole east and west coast,and almost all "popular" destinations I came back for another relaxing week in Seetanu.
The Belgium couple running the place along with their 2 sons and their friend Pol were great. Food in the restaurant is amazing (definitly best burgers in Thailand) ,the location is perfect-your own private beach overlooking the sunset (cleaned every morning by their local staff) and wide range of accomodation from basic budget fan bungallows to airoconditioned glasswall bungallows right on the beach.
If you get tired of "singha" and "chang" you have a choice of many chilled real Belgum beers!
Definitly the place to stay weather it's a family trip or a trip with mates!
Nestor