“Hidden Paradise”
Review of Haad Yuan Beach

Haad Yuan Beach
Ranked #18 of 76 things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Only get here by boat and it is worth the 5 minute boat trip! Visit Eden garden on a weekend if you want a party until the early morning!

1  Thank Rachie M

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The beach itself was amazing...but our accommodations were brutal! We ended up staying at Barcelona Resorts, and it was so bad that some people who had rooms there opted to stay at the resort beside it. Of the six lights in our room only one worked. There was no air conditioning, and the fan would cut out and was super unreliable. During our stay there was a drought so water was periodically cut off, and when it was turned back on it was sewage water! YUCK! At no point during our stay (5 days) did they come in and tidy up the room. All food and drinks ordered from the restaurant were put on a room tab. At the end of our stay I went to pay and they had added a whole lot of extra items and were very hostile when questioned about it. Initially, they said we owed 4000 baht and in the end we ended up settling at 2000 baht ....way more than we actually ate/bought. Horrible customer service! Definitely won't stay at that resort again...but I would stay at that beach again. Haad Yuan is a great place to escape the craziness of Full Moon. Long tail boat rides are 300 baht each way...so its quite affordable!

2  Thank Travel Girl G
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Came here after slipping away from a pre full moon party and went to Eden. Had the time of my life there! Eden is really beautiful, I came back telling my friends that it was probably the most happy place I've seen in my life. The sunrise in the morning was nothing short of magical. And the boat ride back to where we were staying was lovely as well. We met some very fun people here and I think I will forever cherish this trip to Haad Yuan! :)

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Intended to spend three days here, three weeks later I was still struggling to muster the will to leave! I stayed in Barcelona Bungalows, towards the left of the beach as you arrive. Basic but perfectly adequate and very reasonable price. The beach itself is beautiful, nothing better than getting a cold beer and watching the sun slip gently down behind the mountains. The bamboo pathways that are lit by fairy lights create a magical setting for night time - just watch your footing in the dark (although there is no point in shoes on this beach!) I love the seclusion of this place, it's easy going vibe and the fact you can only arrive by boat - makes it feel like a real secret. I almost didn't write this review because I think it should stay that way!

2  Thank Emma3143
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The beach is so nice, a real "beach" (the film) feeling to it as its so secluded. Just over the hill is Haad Tien where the Sanctuary is based. I walked over here a few times for yoga and meditation which was fab... The beach is much nicer in Haad Yuan though- although I think there are jelly fish in the sea. We stayed in Ocean Rock (blue roofs) which wasn't that nice at all! Hardest bed of the whole trip, had to buy own toilet paper, and not very good customer service- even signs up that say they expect you to buy at least one meal a day from them, as breakfast is free that would only leave dinner which means your expected to eat all of your food there. Wasn't impressed by this. Overall, lovely if you just want to chill or do yoga/meditation.

3  Thank welshystephy