See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Hansa is a very special place. When myself and my girlfriend first arrived we felt like we were at home, and home it was for 7 days.
Hansa is positioned on its own little portion on Ban Tai beach which is central to everything on the island. Its a short taxi ride from the Full Moon party and away from the chaos.

It is a little haven with a beautiful beach , hammocks, pool and leather couch on the sand with a view of the north end of Koh Samui.

Every night we gathered round the table and shared stories like we had known everyone for years. The owners love to have a good time and enjoy the company of all the guests. They also know everything there is to know about the island and will recommend the best spots for everything from travel to bike rental. All invaluable information when its your first time to the island.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and wouldnt stay anywhere else when visiting Koh Phangan.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We found this resort by chance and how lucky for us. The place is beautiful with an amazing view. It is situated right on the beach (think white sand and blue water). A pool overlooking the sea and a cool chill area is all within arms reach of the beach, so regardless of your mood, you will find something to do.

We stayed in a dorm room, with clean sheets, AC and even a TV (not sure who would use that, but its there) and a big bathroom area.

The people must be one of the biggest draws to this place as the workers and management are some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet. It was great just relaxing and hanging out with everyone. And they were very helpful with renting a scooter, advice on where to road trip etc.

I am very happy we found this place and will sure try to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: We stayed in a dorm, cheap and good value for money. (the dorm had 6 beds)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosemarybliss
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in Hansa twice - first time in December 2008, thanks to a friend who recommended us this place, and second time in December 2010, because we could not wait to be back. It is very basic, yet everything is where you are, amazing people, beautiful surroundings, great food, massages, whatever you want.
This place can be a party or very mellow depends on the visitors' mood and season. In both cases it is always addictively gorgeous.
The owners are very friendly and will assist you with anything you need on this island. We booked in 2008 a room in Cocohut in Had Rin, (cannot say anything good about this place Cocohut). We could not wait for the availability in one of the bungalows so we could move to Hansa (even though it cost us double accommodation).
This place can suit 5 stars travelers like us or young backpackers. I think it is universal as I've seen all different ages and heard many languages there.
I always recommend this place to all of my friends.
With quite a few travel mileage under my belt and numerous 5 star hotels experience, this is my favorite place and next time I will take my kids there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iris310
Reviewed February 17, 2013

You will probably be on here for the same reason that I was last year.. Looking for good accomodation last minute!! Due to the lack of reviews I thought I would write one .. Hope it helps

Hansa Resort is one of the most chilled out places I have ever been.. Everyone who stays there during Full moon seems to become one big family (thanks to the warming staff and great communal area). The owner Ken is an utter legend.. A true Mr Chow. He wakes up takes his gown off goes for a swim then has fresh fruit prepared...(legend). We even met him on Full Moon and he gave us a lift back in his 4*4 with a load of people coming back for a party !

With regards to our stay we stayed in the actual house itself which was quiet and peaceful! The pool is lovely and views are stunning. They key part of my review is the fact you can stay here and be 5 mins from the action in Haad Rin but not have to deal with theft or rowdy uni kids up all night. It's close to the pier as well so if you rent a bike from Kens mate in Ban Tai you can go all over its epic !

Seriously people stay here you won't regret it .. If you are thinking of staying in Coral Bungalows in Haad Rin DONT stay at Hansa :)

Room Tip: Try and get in the house :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I really liked Hanza resort, my friends arrived on the 1st August 2012 for the full moon party on the 4th/5th. From a long trip from Cambodia! Our Room was Great, really cool and funky lay out of the thatched hut rooms, 9 &10. Couldn't knock them, nicest place I'd stayed on a month long trip around Asia. the staff were all really friendly an the other people staying were too, mostly MC's & DJ's and a cool vibe of peolple, so when the music was on always cool tunes! the owner Kenny is a really nice and helpful guy!! And the services on hand are great too, free wifi, free pool, sofa's and hammocks right on the beach and the swimming pool right next to it all.. When I come back to Koh Phangan again in the future I will defeniatly stay here again, and ill go for a hut right on the beach which looked really cool!
Also there is a 7eleven about 3 mins walk down the road and a good scooter rental place over the road from 7eleven to the Left Not the right!! Hadd Rin is about 10 mins away from there and 100baht pp per trip or 150baht for the day renal price of a scooter.. Best way to see the island!

For the booking online part, me and my friend did ours on the net whilst in Cambodia and it said out card details for payment had been taken so when we came to leave we had our bill handed to us, but after a discussion we paid what was owed, got home checked our credit cards and the money had not been taken out as we thought it would of had... So a tip, take cash ready to pay your bill and if your booking it, email or call to see if you can make a reservation!
I just hope it doesn't get too popular and kill the nice chile vibe!
Hope this has helped people on their travels :)
Enjoy... Peace.