“Decent value for fullmoon”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rin Beach Resort

Rin Beach Resort
Ranked #91 of 131 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Decent value for fullmoon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed in an economy room for the duration of the full moon party rush. The room was immaculate but without any real personality. The pool was nice for an afternoon cool down although they do not have enough mats to cover all the wooded chairs. I would advise paying in advance as I saw another group of travellers getting attitude at the reception for booking and waiting to pay. The receptionist (who I belief is also the owner) was quite rude. When we went to check out we sat there for a good 5 minutes while she ignored us and picked her teeth. The location was nice, a short walk to the party beach. Overall I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hebrew first
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over new year so paid well over the odds, if you are on the island to party, location is excellent. 5 minutes walk from the main party beach but quiet enough to sleep. That is until the rooster starts. This was a complaint among many people here. It goes all day all night. If you are in the standard rooms, not the bungalows invest in ear plugs. It is horrendous. I has an influx of ants, they gave me spray but never once cleaned my room while I was there. In the end I gave up and looked forward to leaving. The woman at the front desk, speaks English but only when it suits her, she chews disgusting pink tobacco while talking to you which makes you want to run away. The best part of the hotel is the young guy who greets you from the boat, very pleasant and helpful and should be the manager of this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

In december they threatened our friends cause they wanted a refund. Its real. They made a signal like a gun.

Bed bugs in my room, I can count at least 40 bites.

Water in the bathroom doesnt work for some hours every day.

Wifi works just sometimes and only in the pool area.

Besides my friends been threaten, the staff was rude since the moment we arrived, specially the manager, she gave us Orders.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank vitormo

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed in this "resort" a year ago with my girlfriend and best friend. We communicated clearly that we only wanted to stay for 2 nights and move on. After the second night had passed and we wanted to check out they claimed that we had booked for 7 days and that we had to pay for 5 additional days.

When we refused to do this they refused to give our deposit back, whilst arguing one of the employees hit my girlfriend in the face with a stick, there literally was blood coming out of her eye. Within another minute 20 more people were standing around us and beating into us with sticks, stones and fists. Whatever you do, do not go here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank P0ria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend took a room for four nights during the full moon party and enjoyed mostly the view from our room.
The hotel service is not too good, it's not clear to them that they should clean the room every day and if you want them to clean your room you have to tell them that.
The swimming pool is nice and clean.
The best thing in this hotel is the view and the location.
Prices are OK

• Stayed August 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We quite enjoyed this resort situated in the heart of the Haad Rin district. It would be an ideal location to both relax by the beautiful pool and stumble home from the full moon party. As far as Koh Phangan goes this was a good place. Just be careful they apparently charge if you get sand in you sheets, a tad ironic because it's a beach front resort!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Right by the pier at Had Rin, where the boat comes in from Ko Samui. About 5 mins walk from the full moon beach. Good pool with a nice restaurant. A little bit on the expensive side for what you get, but I guess you pay for the location.
Our room was comfy and spacious, but the bathroom smelled pretty bad.
Some reviews I read complained about the woman at reception, but I think she is just being efficient! Just don't get paint anywhere or lose anything and there will be no problems!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends