“Do not give them a deposit electronically as they appear to have no way of returning it.”
Review of Lotus Diving

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the fisherman village of Chaloklum on the island named Koh Phangan, Lotus Diving offers PADI courses and day trips to some of the best dive sites in the Gulf of Thailand. The dive centre is equipped with a private pool, a spacious boat, air conditioned classrooms and all the required equipment to easily learn scuba diving.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As per the below review. I gave them a deposit in good faith and despite numerous correspondences where they promised to return it they have never returned it. Extremely disappointing.

Lotus D, Owner at Lotus Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Bobby M,

Thank you for your review but I am afraid the information you gave is wrong because our diving school never had policies and a way to take electronic deposit so there is no way we could have collected money from you online. We always request cash payment and deposit at our office or local partners. So I am pretty sure the information you might have is wrong or not accurate.

Regards,

"light breakfast"
"professional instructors"
"massaman curry"

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This review isn't even about the diving, because they ripped us off before we could. After telling me and my boyfriend 3 months previously at time of booking, they would pick us up from the hotel, and recon firming with them 3 times that the hotel we were staying at wouldn't be an issue, including a phone call the night before to check time of pick up and redo firm our hotel. We were told to wait at the reception of the hotel at 8 the next morning. 8 30 came around, and no sign of a pick up. Eventually they called to say they wouldn't be able to pick us up for the diving, and the only option we had was to spend 2000 baht a day, on a taxi to their class room- after paying expensive rates to begin with. With total disbelief at how appallingly the whole thing was being run, we politely asked for our deposit back and that we would find somewhere else to dive. After originally agreeing, and several chase up emails, we never saw the £250 deposit again. Truly awfully run, and ruined a holiday.

3  Thank Georgie D
Lotus D, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Georgie D,

First of all, sorry for what happened to you. But this might be missed communicated between you and our dive center about pick up time and location. And actually this case was our case study and now are ensure guest is stay in the location that we can pick up in time.

We are apologize about this case and which we can do something for you. Please privately contact us at info@lotusdiveresort.com for some special offer in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had our PADI Open Water there and we are very satisfied. Good price, great professional instructors, nice diving sites. We were very lucky to get two instructors, even though we were only 3 students. The only drawback is that some of their equipment is worn and, f. i. deep gauges were not working for my boyfriend. Everything else - superb.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great first experience to finally obtain my PADI OpenWater. The boss is great and really helpful; I totally recommand it to anyone who'd like to taste the underwater pleasures!

Lotus D, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guillaume B our valued customer,

Welcome to underwater world and thank you very much for your review and recommend us to others.

Wish to see you again in Koh Phangan :)

See more reviews
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I first decided to do only my PADI Advanced Open Water with Lotus not knowing if I was going to stay in Thailand. After the course with the awesome instructor Ricardo I decided I would stay to do up to my Divemaster with Lotus based on my first experience with them. I can say everything was perfect! The staff is really professional, the equipment is well maintained, the centre is beautiful with their own swimming pool (not many centres have this), a spacious boat and some delicious food. Diving with them was a wonderful experience and I would recommend this centre to all fellow divers of any levels.