“Great first diving experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lotus Diving

Lotus Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the fisherman village of Chaloklum on the island named Koh Phangan, Lotus Diving offers PADI courses and day trips to some of the best dive sites in the Gulf of Thailand. The dive centre is equipped with a private pool, a spacious boat, air conditioned classrooms and all the required equipment to easily learn scuba diving.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great first diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had our PADI Open Water there and we are very satisfied. Good price, great professional instructors, nice diving sites. We were very lucky to get two instructors, even though we were only 3 students. The only drawback is that some of their equipment is worn and, f. i. deep gauges were not working for my boyfriend. Everything else - superb.

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Grez-Doiceau, Brabant, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Security. Professionals. Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great first experience to finally obtain my PADI OpenWater. The boss is great and really helpful; I totally recommand it to anyone who'd like to taste the underwater pleasures!

Visited August 2012
Lotus D, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Diving, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guillaume B our valued customer,

Welcome to underwater world and thank you very much for your review and recommend us to others.

Wish to see you again in Koh Phangan :)

Lotus Diving
Surat Thani, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I first decided to do only my PADI Advanced Open Water with Lotus not knowing if I was going to stay in Thailand. After the course with the awesome instructor Ricardo I decided I would stay to do up to my Divemaster with Lotus based on my first experience with them. I can say everything was perfect! The staff is really professional, the equipment is well maintained, the centre is beautiful with their own swimming pool (not many centres have this), a spacious boat and some delicious food. Diving with them was a wonderful experience and I would recommend this centre to all fellow divers of any levels.

Visited January 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“very good instructors, but with serious organizational issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I did my PADI open water diving course in Lotus.
The instructors were really professional and helpful, but there were some serious logistic and organizational issues.
First of all, I understand that high season might be an excuse, but there were way too many flaws to let it go. To mention just a few of them, equipment I selected was lost several times in process, photographer that was supposed to take photos of our group (which we scheduled at the beginning of our course) was "busy" and didn't come on that date, and so on... Finally got my license done, but wouldn't recommend Lotus school, at least not in "high season".

Visited December 2012
1 Thank allnickstaken
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Had a great time doing my PADI open water here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Can't fault them at all - did the PADI open water course and had a great time. There were two of us doing the course and we had one instructor (Owner Chan) and one other guy helping him (who was doing the master diver course) so we could have individual attention.

First day was spent on site - watched a video (boring but had to be done) and then the aftenoon in the pool practicing all the basic skills.

2nd two days were at Sail Rock and it was great - saw lots of different fish and got quite close to some Bull Sharks!

My first time diving so I can't compare it to much but as a beginer I can not fault them at all.

Visited September 2012