“SUPERB Instructors, Awesome Experinece”
Review of Lotus Diving

Lotus Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the fisherman village of Chaloklum on the island named Koh Phangan, Lotus Diving offers PADI courses and day trips to some of the best dive sites in the Gulf of Thailand. The dive centre is equipped with a private pool, a spacious boat, air conditioned classrooms and all the required equipment to easily learn scuba diving.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I LOVED learning here!

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of taking our Open Water Diving course here. AMAZING!
The instructors were knowledgeable, helpful, kind, experienced and it was very one-on-one. The lessons were just the two of us and our instructor so we got to focus on our strengths and weaknesses and address them so we could learn to be confident and competent divers.

We had Bo as our instructor and he was great to learn from!

The equipment is clean and well maintained. The learning facility is beautiful. In addition, it was well priced!

PLEASE come here...you'll be so thankful you did!

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

We were picked up on time in the morning. The journey to the dive centre was easy and on arrival we were greeted by our dive leader (Richardo) and the kit was well assigned and done in a relaxed (ish) way. The boat was well laid out and had enough space easily for the divers on board.

They put the gear together for us which is a bonus for some, however I like to assemble my own gear. When I asked if I could do it myself there was no objection at all.

Our dive leader was great, treated us like we knew what we were doing, was friendly and enthusiastic. Lunch was good, there was plenty of it and there were alternatives to water if we wanted them. There are, however, two reasons why I have not given them 5 stars.

First. I am an advanced open water diver, have been diving regularly recently and have been qualified for a while. When we get to the centre we are told we are with a student on his adv ow course so we will have to wait while he does some skills. I understand that companies do this to save money and it is common, but it is not acceptable. I paid money to become an adv ow diver and become experienced but because of the student (by no fault of his own) we have 45 minute dives instead of an hour.

Afterwards, the student is given a discount because they didn't have time to do his skills. Nothing is offered for us.

Lastly when we were waiting at the end of the day we are asked abrupty to do a review on trip advisor. Without much chance to say no, I say I will do one later. I dislike this as he read the peoples reviews after they write them which skews what the real reviews should be. I am sure they would not have all 5 stars if the people were not being watched whilst they typed them.

Otherwise, a good dive company and in many ways on of the best we have been with.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My first scuba experience was super fun. These guys were all friendly and helpful and made sure everyone on board was catered for and looked after. I didn't even get attacked by anything. Awesome!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

First diving and I felt safety. Good experience. Good teacher. Just fun.

Lotus D, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Diving, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear lyalyalya our valued customer,

Great that you had experience with us!
Looking forward to seeing you again in the future

Lots Diving Team

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had a great day diving with Lotus Diving School. We are 2 brits in Koh Phangan looking for a place to dive. I had a fun dive and my friend had never been diving before. She felt so comfortable with the instructor Ken as he was proffesional and spoke native english. The dive sites are cool with lots to see, the boat is new and spacious. there was food in the morning, between dives, and on the way back with fruit. the kit is in very good condition, and all the instructors are experienced and professional. I would 100% recommend this dive School. the price for 2 dives was 1800 baht pretty cheap!!