“Professional and fun staff; great first time diving experience”
Review of Chaloklum Diving

Chaloklum Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 20 Great years diving from Chaloklum Village on Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand. We're the PADI 5 Star centre offering personal training plus high quality diving & snorkelling trips to Sail Rock, Anthong Marine Park, Koh Tao & more. Our policy is still small groups (max 4), individual care, environmental awareness, long easy dives & consistent high standards. PADI Dive Centre #36328, Tourist Authority of Thailand approved, Divers Alert Network members, SSS Deco Chamber sponsors, Project Aware supporters & more !
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Professional and fun staff; great first time diving experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went on a Discovery Dive with this group and were very impressed. Very nice boat, great crew and instructors, and good food on board. The best part for us was the small groups, as we were two people with one instructor, which was very helpful for our first time. We were really glad we chose to go with this group and from Koh Phangan, because when we got to Sail Rock there was a large boat from Ko Tao with loads of people. The other company had large groups of divers who weren't really considerate of the rest of us; another reason we were very happy with Chaloklum Divers.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
WV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had a great two days diving with these guys! I think it may have been the best boat out there and the gear was top notch. Lunch was excellent with a vegetarian option too. My dive masters Gee (spelling sorry) and Ralvea were so unbelievably nice and fun, really wish I had more time. I have dove with many companies over the years and this was the best! Highly recommended!

Chaloklum
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly and relaxed diving”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a very good experience with Chaloklum Diving! The staff is really friendly, relaxed and professional. Compared to the other diving schools, especially Ko Tao based, we had the impression that this diving school is really about the diving, rather than your money. The food and the boat were good, but the staff made our day! In particular, thanks to Vince for the great experience and funny day!

1 Thank RensandChiara
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love this place!!! Great teaching, great boat, friendly and knowledgable staff!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I did my PADI open water course about a year ago, and I am about to go back to the island to volunteer at Phangan Animal Care, and do some more diving with Chaloklum...I originally met Nick, who runs the place, because of his love for animals, and all the help he has given PAC over the years on the island. He eventually convinced me I wouldn't regret trying a dive, and my ex and I tried a Discover scuba day with him, about 7 years ago now! They have a lovely big boat, usually with some tasty thai curry on offer for lunch, and the dive was heaven, so the interest was slowly growing...After a few more years of Nick's coaxing, I did the Open Water course with Gabriele, who made sure the course was fun and safe (I was looking for personal instruction- fantastic to have an expert all to yourself!). Although he clearly knew his diving stuff, his passion for ocean ecology and animal life less than 3 mm in size added an unexpected dimension to the course; I was way too interested in the next tiny life form to ever get too panicky! Our above-water time was equally filled with fascinating answers and information about the big picture of diving, so I felt I gained a much better understanding of the concept and philosophy of the sport, not just the skills needed to perform the sport. I can't recommend this place enough-from their community/ecology grounded ethics, to their excellent and personal service. If you have ever wanted to try diving, but felt nervous about it (that was me), this is the place to go. They'll take care of you, and you'll have a great time too!

Visited July 2012
Chaloklum
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best experience, great people, serious place”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I chose this school after reading revuews on tripadvisor. It was even greater than I thought. We took a Padi Open water diver for a very reasonable price. I deeply recommand our instructor Gavin Evans, he is friendly, intelligent, patient and loves his work. If Gavin is not available, the entire team seemed very nice as well. Scuba diving is a great sport but very risky if your instructors are not professionals. Here you can be sure to be seriously taken care of. We felt as family after one day and deeply recommand Chaloklum Dinving.

1 Thank Ziad M
ChaloklumDiving, Owner at Chaloklum Diving, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
It was a pleasure to have such nice students learning with our school.
Thank you boys & hope you don't mind the photos on facebook!