“Very profesionnal and friendly”
Review of Chaloklum Diving

Chaloklum Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 20 Great years diving from Chaloklum Village on Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand. We're the PADI 5 Star centre offering personal training plus high quality diving & snorkelling trips to Sail Rock, Anthong Marine Park, Koh Tao & more. Our policy is still small groups (max 4), individual care, environmental awareness, long easy dives & consistent high standards. PADI Dive Centre #36328, Tourist Authority of Thailand approved, Divers Alert Network members, SSS Deco Chamber sponsors, Project Aware supporters & more !
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very profesionnal and friendly”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I did my Open Water Diver training with Chaloklum in 3 compacted days. I found the diving center, the team and my instructor, Gavin, extremely professional and friendly. I trusted them and the material very quickly, which is essential in my opinion for your first dives.

The diving sites I have seen with Chaloklum were really nice (Sail Rock is beautiful, I got so lucky I could saw a whale shark on my fourth dive! :))

In summary: extremely positive experience!! Very good diving site and competitive prices. The place you should pick for diving.

Note: and compare to Ko Tao this is a much more relax town where it is not only about diving

1 Thank Johan A

• Polish first
Hua Hin, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Super friendly and professional staff, good equipment, tasty food :)”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

It were 2 perfect days with Chaloclum diving team! They are true professionals and also very interesting and positive people. Even after a long break in my diving practice I felt myself calm and confident with these guys.
They've met ALL our needs and wishes: we did deep dive, we used our favorite fin's type and we had really tasty vegetarian breakfast and lunch on the boat.
Highly recommended for everyone!!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Evgeniya2009
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Instruction, Great People”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I did my first ever scuba dive here last week and am totally hooked. Stefan was my instructor and we did an 84 minute first dive. 84 minutes! It felt like 20. Before heading down, Stefan patiently listened to my 12 or 13 worst case scenario fantasies, where I am attacked by a giant jellyfish, de-limbed by sharks, harpooned, etc. and debunked them without making me feel like a total spazz. By the time I got in the water I was totally calm and could have been out there all day. Oddly, the coolest thing I saw was this little flat worm about the size of a small pancake. I had no idea things like that existed. I have seen exactly one reef now, out at Koh Ma, but it is the best reef in the world.

Also, Nick the owner is really nice...thanks for driving us around on the back of your back Nick!

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Passionate about what they do - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Okay i am probably looking to write a long review, so for those looking for a summary :

Summary :
Excellent equipment, friendly and knowledgeable staff and the whole bunch do a great job in giving you a spectacular and safe diving experience. Five stars and highly recommended !!!!

Long review :
Me and my partner both wanted to have our first diving experience and the biggest challenge was that we were both non-swimmers..

We discussed the idea with a few diving schools around. However Nick who runs this diving school was very reasonable, conservative and safe in his approach. He advised us to try it out first in the beach in shallow waters..

Gavin the instructor spent a lot of time on the first day trying to make us comfortable in the water...

Not only did he spend more than five hours trying to train us on the beach but he also gave us some of the kit to take back to our hotel and practice the next day in the hotel pool...

The day after, we went for our discover scuba dives and instead of one instructor accompanying the both of us they arranged for one on one instructors to go with us and that was to be honest amazing and very very relaxing for both of us...

The best part of our experience was Gavin himself and the bond and trust he built with us over the three days.

My partner was getting panicky in anticipation but the experience from Gavin was overwhelming and very comforting.

Highly recommend this diving school !

Thanks a million Gavin !

The Non Swimmers

1 Thank sonirohan
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Friendly, informative and professional team”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I dove with guys in November 2012, I touch a ride to there shop front to check out their gear and prices, was very impressed with there equipment and attitude, I was told that I could expect to see a lot on the dive including the possibility of whale and bull sharks, I was a little dubious of this at first, but when the day of the dive came within the first 10m of decent I had already seen three bull sharks. Even on the snorkel from the boat to the site, a swim of approximately 50m I had already seen more fish than I had seen in one place. I can only describe my dive as swim in a highly stocked tropical fish tank. Visibility for the dive was about 8m and this is plenty, I wouldn't recommend going with lower vis than that as the sharks where very much at the edge of the visibility limit. Saying this the guys there are very good at letting people know the state of visibility before you dive. I recommended Chalaklum to a couple of guys I met during my stay and they went up to dive and the guys there said that it wasn't worth that day and to come back in two days, when they did they had twenty metres vis!
Fantastic diving, friendly and knowledgable team!

Visited November 2012
ChaloklumDiving, Owner at Chaloklum Diving, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for diving with us. It's really nice to have a fellow professional to care for!