“Great little bar” 5 of 5 bubbles

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great little bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

A friend of a friend reccommended this place as his friend knew Duncan from England (sounds crazy I know) but as soon as we got there it was great. We chilled and drank before the fullmoon party watching the tv and playing pool. I had a bad stomach from my travels and nearly didn't make the fullmoon party due to toilet related circumstances which Duncan overheard and instantly gave me advice on what I should get at the pharmacy to cure it. A few antibacterial tablets later and I felt much better, it saved my night. Everybody should go here!

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I went to the Longshot and immediately I felt at home. Duncan is the owner of the place and he's friendly and cheerful.
The food is very good, the drinks r up to the task, the environment is relaxed and perfect to kick back.
Next to the ThaiBoxing ring this bar we spent some good times sipping beer and enjoying the island "chilling feeling".

Daniele

Visited January 2012
1 Thank dandagen
Surat Thani, Thailand
“Friendly atmosphere, delicious food, warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

During our 2 week stay on Phangan we discovered The Longshot Bar. I would describe it as roomy Thai style, grass roof, wood floors, ceiling fans, exposed roof timbers, sports memorabilia, sports venue that has 6+ large TV screens, a pool table, dart board and restauarant. Every single live premiership match is shown - and they will happily show any other requested live sports, or so I was informed by Duncan our excellent host / bar manager. Atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed, the bar and grub prices very reasonable. Food here is delicious with a capital D, Our favorites included Fish and Chips (home made chips), Cajun chicken burger, Sunday Roasts, and the excellent Cheap Charlie breakfast. Well done to all the staff and regulars for making our KPG stay so enjoyable. My only major gripe was the 20Thb charge for the pool table, as some one who likes to play a lot of pool I like my bars to have a free table.

Visited November 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly, British atmosphere, great for watching footie, Great food & Value for Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Great little bar & restaurant. We arrived in koh phangan after traveling Thailand for 2 weeks, inside that time me & my girlfriend were living off Thai food, which we did not like, and were craving some western / british / Irish food. This is the first place in we got a wonderful dinner, steak and chips and a roast dinner, amazing after 2 weeks of rice and co!! The head chef and head barman are both born & bread London boys, and were really friendly and welcoming!! Fastastic for watching all the football, large tv and screens, this bar loves it's football!! And great value for money on the food, works out paying £4 for a proper steak dinner or roast. We were on the island 5 days, and ate here breakfast & dinner everyday!! Great place & highly recommended!!

2 Thank mcdaidj
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Sunday Roast & sport channels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

we went to the Longshoot Bar twice while were in Koh Phangan to watch the AFL on the Australian channel. The TV area was super comfy and there was plenty of room for our toddler to run around. The TV quality was awesome and the staff were very accommodating to all our requests.
The food was sensational!!!! The first visit we had the burgers which were so yummy and great quality western food. The second visit we had their Sunday Roast which was absolutely amazing!!!! There was a choice between Beef, chicken and Pork. The serving was HUGE and every aspect of it was beautiful. We couldn't be happier!
The staff were so lovely & friendly too.

Visited August 2011