“Great food, great service”

Hub Island Sports Cafe
Ranked #34 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Irish, Thai, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Island Sports Cafe very conveniently located at the end of Thong Sala ferry pier in Koh Phangan. After the ferry trip why not plan your stay on the island at the HUB while you enjoy a warm welcome, free WiFi and free pool. Ask our friendly staff for free advice and the must see attractions on the island. We go above and beyond to send you away ready to really enjoy the island. Please read our reviews. We're the only bar on the island with a BIG SCREEN PROJECTOR to satisfy all your live sporting needs from every country. If it's not advertised just ask at the bar and we'll put it on. - Free Advice - Free WiFi - Free Pool - Big screen projector showing all live sports - Reliable, honest motorbike hire - Outdoor seating - We are told, best fried breakfast on the island - Fresh fruit smoothies and premium bean to cup coffee - Full wine list selection available - Fantastic Sunday roast dinners Motorbike rental - We pride ourselves on providing a honest rental service, check our reviews. Please, please check repair costs before hiring a motorbike from any rental shop. Sadly accidents do happen. The Hub, Island sports cafe - "A place to kick back and enjoy"
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled on the Harp bar after walking around looking for somewhere to eat with my girlfriend. Very glad I did! The food was great (first good pie I've ever eaten in all of Asia!) also very friendly waters. Jamie, the manager gave us lots of advice on where to go and what to see on the island.

Would absolutely recommend this place for dinner, lunch or even just drinks.

Mike & Annie

Jamie S, General Manager at Hub Island Sports Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Mike & Annie,

I was so happy to see your comments, and even more happy that you came in to our bar when you were lost on what to do on the island and where everything was. I am glad you enjoyed the pies, and I am happy we had a good talk whilst you were here on the island.

It's amazing that you came all this way and the resort you were staying at is owned by a guy from where you live, and who also owns a nightclub that you go to.

I hope you have a great time on the island, and have a safe trip back if I do not see you before.

Take care.

There are newer reviews for Hub Island Sports Cafe

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Need a break from Thai food, need some hangover food, good western food, then don't look any longer because you have found it here. An Irish man owner with good cooking abilities, great bar selection, and great atmosphere has got all of this down pat plus great local advise! Enjoy good food and drinks with a smile when you dine at the Harp Bar!

Leona,

thank you for your comments on The Harp Bar. I am glad you had a good time whilst you were here and enjoyed the food etc. I hope you had a safe trip home, and we hope to see you again in the future, we will be waiting here with a warm welcome and a smile.

Take care.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic Irish pub with great service. We came here to watch the Gaelic football final and they were very accommodating and made sure the screen was near us and that we were comfortable. The garlic mushrooms and chicken wings were tasty and the watermelon daiquiri was yum

Definitely recommend this place, had a great time, good service, lovely food and all kind of sports

Hey guys it was great to meet you both, I was just happy we got it all sorted in the end for you both. A really nice genuine couple, and congrats on the wedding. You would be happy to know that we now have GAA on all screens across the venue.

Remember to please let me know if you do decide to set up a business in Samui, I'll be the first to come across and taste the beer.

I hope you had a safe trip home.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Go here for good local advice and a cold beer when you arrive! We rocked up with no knowledge of the island but soon got a good run down from Jamie about scooter hire, what to do, what not to do. Beer was cold and replenished at a good rate whilst we got our bearings

Nick & Ed,

It was great to meet you both, proper nice fella's. It was a funny first day with you boys and I even though you had some issues at the end, I am glad you are well and in good health again. Must be careful on the bikes out here. Thanks for the kind words on here, hope you got home safely.

Jamie

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stopped by after a horrible journey to the island and it turned out i chose the right place! I really enjoyed the rich breakfast, service was fast, good selection of beers and there is a very friendly english girl who pours your pint! really nice bar :)

Thank you very much for your recent review on your trip to Harp Bar. It's great to hear such positive comments and we hope you had a safe trip home. Take care and spread the word.