“A relief to get a good meal in Chaloklum!”
Review of Cucina Italiana

Cucina Italiana
Ranked #72 of 437 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm a big Thai food fan and have been to Thailand on a fair few occasions. I tend to eat Thai food almost exclusively but after having very disappointing food at a number of the seafood places in Chaloklum we decided to give this Italian place a go. Thankfully we finally found some good food on Koh Phangan.

The restaurant is small but has an outside section with lovely views of the bay and fishing boats. There's red and white wine available (not the greatest you'll ever taste but OK for the price considering this is Thailand) and a selection of pizzas, pasta and Italian deserts. We went for the pizzas and they were absolutely delicious. I would be happy being served one of these in any Italian restaurant anywhere in the world.

It might not be Thai food but then neither is the bland offerings from the supposedly Thai restaurants nearby. It is food that is good enough to match the beautiful views as the sun goes down.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I originally came to this side of the island because I heard there was good seafood but when I got there all the seafood they had on display didn't look fresh at all, plus the restaurants were empty. So while I'm walking around I see this restaurant full of people and I smell pizza mmmm then a guy says "bona sera" in perfect Italian, then I decided to eat here. And it was a great idea, pizzas were so good, thin pizza like I like it, nice glass of white wine, good price and seating by the beach. It was a perfect dinner and best pizza I had in Thailand. It is sad that you can't have fresh fish in a fishing village but at least you can have good pizza instead. I recommend the salami and Gorgonzola pizza, really good. For 2 pizzas and 2 glasses of wine we paid 560 THB

Reviewed May 23, 2013

the pizza was really nice but I remember correctly, the service starts at 5:00 pm peace, wine and pizza awesome threesome

1  Thank direnc
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Everything they serve is excellent. From pizza dough, the pasta, the sauce, the desserts are all home made and fresh. It is not that frozen supermarket stuff they serve as Italian food in other restaurants. They also have a very nice terrace with sea view and if you are lucky enough there might be a very cool acoustic jam going on which perfectly fits the laid back atmosphere of the place.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

They make their own pizzas from scratch here and put lots of love into every pie. The restaurant is located in the old fisherman's village overlooking the bay. A night here is an experience.