“The best Thai restaurant we tried in our trip”

Jang's Thai Kitchen
Ranked #133 of 384 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sasso Marconi, Italia
“The best Thai restaurant we tried in our trip”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We have visited Thailand for about three weeks during august 2011.
We finally decided to spend our last 5 days before fly back to Italy, in koh Phanghan, and we stayed at HAAD SALAD beach.
A french guy in the ferry suggested us to go to JANG's Restaurant, as he said it was good, big portions and cheap.
We found the restaurant, not on the beach, but just 100 meters inside HAAD salad beach, and we ordered 2 different dishes just to share and to try different plates.
We found hers kitchen incredibly amazing and tasty, when our choices arrives the portions very big and well presented.
The prices are very cheap, from 70 to 80 BHT (each dish) , and she can prepare vegetables, meat and even fish.
If you ask her in advance the day before, she can also prepare special dishes on request (special fish if she found it on the market).
We were so delighetd that we decided to eat there every day, and we asked Jang to choose what to prepare for us. Everytime it was a special suprise for us, and always amazing dishes.
We were so touched by her cooking, that we also decided to have a thai cuisine lesson.
She was very nice and caring, trying to teach us our preferred dishes, and giving all her attention to Koh phanghan and you are close to HAAD SALAD beach, you have to try her food.
We will have for sure a good memory of our dinners in her restaurant, as one of the best memory of our trip in Thailand.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Angelo A

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Incredible flavorful authentic Thai food at insanely low prices”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were enjoying a beautiful sunset on the water when we struck up a conversation with a Swiss family sitting next to us.  "Have you been to Jang's?" they asked.
 "It's just amazing!  Better you find out now than at the end of your trip." We went the next day.  At Haad Salad on the northwest corner of Koh Phangan, Jang's is near Salad Hut bungalows but not on the beach.  We kept our eyes peeled and turned off the road at the red oval Salad Hut sign.  Down the roller coaster hill, first building you come to on the right is Jang's. We were given a warm welcome by a friendly couple.  Turns out it was Jang and her husband.  After very hospitable drink service, I ordered the chicken satay sticks as an appetizer with peanut sauce. This was the best chicken by far that I ate in Thailand, maybe anywhere.  Perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked, completely tender, perfectly filleted (on my third visit I took a cooking class here and learned Jang personally cuts the fillets on an angle by hand rather than use an appliance - just to give one example of many for the pursuit of culinary perfection.) The satay sticks are just incredible and have to be tasted to be believed (as is everything).  My wife ordered the green curry with chicken and it was sublime- a very generous portion with the perfect combination of delicious flavors.  On my second visit when I knew this was an amazing place and could trust a leap of faith, I told Jang I wanted to try squid because I was intimidated to try it elsewhere.  She asked how I wanted it prepared. I didn't know. "Maybe ginger?" She said.  When the dish arrived it was just incredible- world class flavor with savory black mushrooms.  Jang ran restaurants for 17 years in Australia and her husband Chris is one of the nicest people I have ever met.  Jang has the genius of a master of her craft for bringing artistic combinations of flavors that are true to Thai cuisine with just the right amount of spice for the Western palate-but not at the cost of flavor.  I have tried five star restaurants in Thailand that after Jang's were disappointing and bland.  Jang's does it perfectly. If you are on Koh Phangan and don't eat here, you have cheated yourself of a life experience.

4 Thank goanywherewithme